Chapter Fifty One

Third Person's POV

"You hated me. You were disgusted by me and asked me to stay away from you." Every words stings Jungkook's heart but he doesn't have any plan on holding back anymore, "Which, I did. I left you." He added tone guilt crossing his face.

"I left with a guilt and regret lingering in my heart." He tells him, tears blurring his vision. "And there's not a day in my life that I don't think about you, about what I did to you." Jungkook almost whispers the last part.

"You got into an accident; you woke up without having any memories from the past. Knowing that you're no longer suffering from the pain I had caused you I decided to move on, I tried but I failed. Because those memories still haunt me every single day."

"Then, You suddenly showed up... in the coffee shop. After two years, I saw you again." Confusion crossing the smaller male's face, "I was persistent of hiding who I really was but it didn't stop me from wanting to know your whereabouts."

"You were happy and contented and knowing that you're completely fine is enough for me after that I decided to stop from engaging myself with you."

"And as if fate were playing with us, we met again for the third time, I tried to distant myself from you, it wasn't my intention to get attach with you again but it just happened. I ended up taking advantage of your innocence and let myself to be near you again." Jungkook pauses, swallowing hard, "...and accepted your friendship just so I can have the excuse to be with you." Jungkook look at Jimin with a soft and sincere expression tears leaking down his face.

"I have never thought I would ever experience what happiness feels like again until I give in and allowed myself to spend time with you, Jimin-ah." A painful smile appears in Jungkook's lips. "Especially when those brown eyes look into mine with a smile painted on your lips that make me temporarily forget the cruel thing I did to you." Jungkook almost whispered the last part, completely ashamed of himself.

"...and I have no intention of telling you the truth right from the beginning because I know, if you knew, it would just give you a painful heartbreak, it would just tear you apart again."

"But it wasn't only the reason," Jungkook shakes his head pain painted all over his face, Jimin had to break their eye contact because he couldn't handle it, "I kept it from you because I don't want to experience being hated by you again, I can't stand it Jimin. I- I can't stand seeing the disgust in your face while looking at me." Jungkook says through his broken voice.

"But then for doing that, I only worsened the situation. You understood my pain but you have misunderstood my reason. You took all the blame and tries to ease my pain, it was a mess, it was wrong."