9.

Alexia's POV

I stood silently in front of the door as I listened for any sign of them- or her being home. When it seemed like the coast was clear, I pushed the door open and took in the dark room but then froze when I saw James lying down on the couch.

I tried to see if mother was home, but there was no sign of her.

This can't be good.

I shut the door as quietly as I could, but the loud click of the door closing gave me away.

James' eyes shot open as he sat up immediately and I could see that he had bloodshot eyes. I stifled a scream as I held a hand to my chest.

That scared the shit out of me.

"Hey there, princess.'' He said, getting to his feet.

My heart started to thud and I inched closer to the stairs.

"Where's mother?" I asked him, my gaze flicking towards the stairs. That was my mistake. He also moved closer to the stairs and since he was in front of the couch and closer, he got there faster. He then tucked his hands into his pockets and stood at the foot of the stairs like a fucking creep.

Really, how stupid can he be? I could easily run out the front door if he tried shit with me.

Or so I thought.

"She's out, you know... doing the usual." he answered, picking his fingernails innocently.

"Why exactly are you here?'' I swallowed.

"I'm certain your mother won't object to me being here so...It's none of your business. Really." he answered.

"Okay then..I'm going up to my room." I said, waiting for him to move out of the way but he ignored me and instead continued to stare at me like he wanted to...eat me?

Sensing trouble, I retraced my steps and started to walk quickly to the front door. I heard footsteps behind me and I felt the breath go out of me when he slammed me hard on the door.

My back was to his front and he had both arms beside my head caging me in.

"You really thought you could get away that easily, uh princess? I don't think so." He whispered right next to my ear and I shivered in disgust.

He reeked of alcohol and I resisted the urge to puke.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as he traced my ear down to my neck then up again, tucking my hair behind my ear as he did so. All of a sudden, he yanked my hair back and pressed me harder against the door.

"You're really beautiful, ya know? Just. my. type." He finished with a chuckle.

"Let me go, you asshole." I gritted out when I felt him grab my waist.

"Hmm,'' He hummed. ''Feisty. Quite a number of things you could do with that mouth, don't you think?" He said, tightening his grip on my waist.

The doorknob suddenly started to turn and he stiffened. We were leaning against It, so It couldn't open.

We heard strings of curses from the other side, and for once I was glad that she was home.

"Why the fuck is the damn door not opening?!" She yelled, kicking the door in the process.

"This isn't over." He whispered before shoving me away from him. I grabbed my bag from the floor and ran up the stairs to my room, locking the door behind me.

I could hear their conversation from downstairs while I slid to the ground, stifling my sobs.

I could still feel his grimy hands all over my body. I shot to my feet and rushed to the bathroom to run a bath. I needed to scrub away all the filthiness.