16.

Alexia's POV

The wind continued to blow in small gusts, and I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that I was kissing Kayden, even though his lips were still on mine.

This was my first kiss and I had no idea what to do. I could feel his lips start to move gently against mine and soon after, my lips moved in sync with his.

He kissed me harder as if asking for entrance and my eyes snapped open in realization.

I shoved him off me and rushed to my feet as I dusted my behind.

"Alexia?" He called out cautiously.

"T-that never happened." I rushed out, avoiding his eyes.

"What?" He blinked.

My silence gave him an answer and he nodded curtly as he got to his feet and walked towards his car, without a word.

We both got into the car, and all my life, I've never been in a situation as awkward as this.

He drove in silence, occasionally clenching and unclenching his jaw. That made me more nervous.

We pulled up in front of my house and he cut off the engine as he waited for me to get down.

I was twiddling my thumbs and I didn't know why I was stalling but I had this urge to apologize to him.

I wish I was a normal teenage girl.

One who should have been squealing because she just had her first kiss.

But no.

I'm a mess.

A huge one at that.

"Kayden, I-" I started, only to get interrupted by him shaking his head slightly.

"It's all good, Alexia..it never happened right?" He asked, forcing a smile.

I looked into his emotionless blue eyes and I felt my heart drop when I realized I had probably ruined any chance of us being friends....or anything more.

"I'll...just go." I muttered as i picked up my bag and got out of the car, shutting the door without sparing him a glance.

He sped away from the curb and I sighed, shoving my hands deep into my pockets and walking up to the front door.

I turned the doorknob and rolled my eyes when i saw Jonah sitting on the couch. There was some brownish white powder on the table.

"What's that?" I asked, even though i knew the answer.

"You really wanna know?" He asked in his quiet voice.

"You know what? Never mind." I sighed, shutting the door behind me.

"Heroin." He chuckled dryly, and I ignored how handsome he looked when he did that.

Heroin.

I had once seen a video where heroin had been mentioned as one of the worst drugs out there.

"Wanna join?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

Maybe there was something in those drugs that could make me forget reality.

It was a tempting thought.

An image of my mother floated into my head and I reared back with a start. I don't want to end up like her.

"No, the fuck?" I spat out, shooting him a dirty look.

"I didn't think so, cupcake." He shot an amused glance my way, before going back to his business.