17.

Alexia's POV

I picked up the clothes Liv gave me and folded them neatly. Who knows, she might want them back.

Few minutes later, I was dressed and ready to get out of this hellhole. I sat on my bed to tie my shoelaces and spotted my phone under the bed.

I sighed, picking it up. It was an old looking phone and I don't think I've ever really used it.

Since I had no friends, no one called or texted me. I also had zero interest in social media, so the phone was pretty useless.

I slipped it into my back pocket anyway and walked downstairs.

I dreaded seeing James and I walked cautiously to the front door, only to freeze when I heard footsteps behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

I rolled my eyes, recognizing mother's voice.

Oh, now she shows up.

"Nothing." I replied, turning around to face her.

Geez.

She looked like shit.

"Oh yeah? Then why the hell are you creeping around?" She asked, folding her arms menacingly.

"I'm just heading out." I said with my hand on the doorknob.

She eyed me warily for a minute, before walking unsteadily into the kitchen.

I let out a breath I didn't know i was holding as I finally walked out the door.

I decided to go to Liv's house and I hoped she wouldn't mind. Nah. She asked to be friends, so she shouldn't.

•••••••

I rocked back and forth on my feet as I waited for someone to come to the door.

The door opened and my gaze strayed lazily downwards as I stared at the brown haired little girl who was also staring at me.

"Um..hi?" I blinked.

"Who are you?" She asked curiously, looking up at me.

"I'm Liv's...friend. Can you go get her?" I asked.

"Okay." She shrugged and stepped back.

"No, hey wa-" I started, then groaned when she slammed the door in my face.

Seconds later, the door opened to reveal a grinning Liv. I smiled at her as she motioned for me to come in.

"Your sister?" I asked, nodding at the girl whose face was glued to the Tv.

"Nah..my cousin. She's Asher's sister." She replied, taking the stairs two at a time.

"Okay..." I nodded. We entered her room to see Asher sitting on her bed, reading a book.

"Oh, hey Alexia." He smiled, glancing up from his book.

"Hey." I replied, nodding at him.

"Asher," Liv groaned "I thought i told you to get out of my room."

"You're not the boss of me." He said flippantly.

"If you don't get out, I'm going to paint your car pink tomorrow."

"You wouldn't dare." He sat up with a narrowed glare.

She stared at him pointedly, then he muttered a 'fine' before picking up his book, shooting me a smile as he walked out.

Liv locked the door behind him and she squealed as she rushed to my side, looking at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked, leaning slightly away from her.