19.

Alexia's POV

Monday morning and I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I was really cautious because this house had been a tad too quiet for the past two days.

I stretched as I got to my feet, stripping on the way to the bathroom. I stopped in front of my mirror and picked up my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I sighed when I took in the stiff form of the toothpaste.

I dropped my toothbrush in the sink and squeezed the toothpaste with all my might,
Then I hurriedly spread the little I could squeeze out of the tube on my toothbrush.

Few minutes later, after showering, i was dressed and ready to go. I snatched up my bag from the floor and walked downstairs.

I was a bit startled when I saw Jonah sitting on the worn out couch staring into space.

"Jonah? What are you doing here so early?" I asked, peering into the kitchen. It looked foreign to me, I couldn't even remember the last time I stepped in there but I sure as hell knew it wasn't this messed up.

I scrunched up my nose at the smell oozing out of it and shook my head resignedly.

"Just thinking." He answered, in his quiet voice.

Even though I didn't really care, I still felt the need to ask.

"About what?"

"Stuff." He shrugged indifferently, his gaze focusing on me. The sun hit his hazel eyes and I blinked, not expecting him to look so hot. Again, sucks that he's a crackhead.

He cocked his head. "You are...pretty. Why am I just noticing that?"

That snapped me back to my senses. I pointed a finger at him as I backed towards the door. "Don't even dare."

A look of disgust crossed his face. "I'm not going to fucking touch you."

"You can't blame me. Your father's a psycho and a fucktard. By association, you're creepy too."

He got to his feet slowly. "Trust me, if I ever do anything to you? It'd be because you literally begged for it."

I swallowed. Okay, uhm...he's not so creepy after all. I shook my head and grabbed the doorknob.

"You don't have to run away." He stretched, winking at me.

"Some of us actually have school." I answered without turning around and slammed the door shut behind me. What the hell was that?

I pulled out my phone, dialing Luke's number.

He picked up on the second ring and I let out an ''Hey.''

"Who's on the line?" He asked.

"Alexia." I answered, moving a bit further away from the house.

"W-well this is rare, why are you calling?" He asked curiously.

"Can you come pick me up?" I asked hesitantly. ''Please?"

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, but it's fine if you ca-"

"Of course I can, be there in ten." He said as he hung up.

I wasn't really in the mood for walking today. I'd probably faint if I tried it, I was starving.

I had pulled out a slim wad of cash from my stash and hoped I'd find something edible to buy.

I rocked back and forth on my feet as I waited for Luke, and true to his words, he got here in ten.