31

Chapter 31

"What are you doing here?" Phana was surprised to see Wayo at the hospital.

"Visiting a sick friend, P," Wayo threw his dazzling smile, "Are you doctor here?"

Phana gave a nod to respond, "Just ended my shift today." He continued.

"Oh, so you're free now, aren't you?" Phana could see sparkles in Wayo's eyes. He looked somewhat... hopeful.

Phana nodded in hesitation.

"Wow, what a timing! Have dinner with me, P'! You haven't had one yet, right?" Wayo invited Phana.

Phana shook his head. He was planning to grab dinner on the way home anyway. So, why not having it with Wayo. He was Ming's best friend since forever, maybe Phana could be friend with him too. He heard Wayo was fun to be around.

"Do you bring your car?" Wayo asked while they were walking to the parking lot.

"Um.. No, I didn't bring it today.." Phana was mumbling he looked sheepish.

Wayo grinned, "Owh, so Ming was now playing good husband... I see.."

Phana didn't answer to that, he only rubbed his nose, feeling shy. Wayo spotted his car in no time, "I'll get you home later, okay?"

Without a word, Phana nodded as he got onto the passanger seat.

.
.
.
.
.

They were having dinner at a small ramen place. It was located in a secluded place, Wayo and Phana had to walk a bit from the car which were parked at the side road.

But the ramen was to die for. The broth was savoury.

"Isn't it good, P'?" Wayo was watching Phana having a sip of the ramen broth.

Phana nodded while having a spoonful of the broth. It's tasty.

"No wonder, it's Ming's favorite place after all." Wayo said cheerfully but his sentence could make Phana stop his eating.

"And you're eating Ming's favorite dish." Wayo added. He continued his eating, meanwhile Phana had stopped eating since a while ago.

He blinked several times to get the jittery feelings in his heart. It was such a kind gesture of Wayo to bring himself to Ming's favorite restaurant.

It was not a weird thing to know about your friend's favorite food or drinks, right? Phana had his forehead creased as he thought, what was Beam and Kitty's favorite food again? Well as for drink, they surely like booze. But is it their favorite?

"What are you thinking, P'?" Wayo put his palm on Phana's.

Phana hurriedly pulled his hand. He shook his head and smiled thinly, "Nothing." He continued slurping down the ramen in front of him without any word. He was calming the churning stomach. Maybe he was too hungry so his stomach felt funny.

Wayo had his eyes on Phana for some time now. He had stopped eating. "I was surprised hearing Ming would be married," Wayo suddenly spilled his thought.