Chapter 6: Kaii Maki

"Please... Please don't do this. Please I'm begging you! I have children."

"Do you think I give a shit? I'll do as I want with you! I want to see you, feel you, and then bathe in your blood afterwards!"

"PLEASE NO HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" The man grabs her wrists in one of his hands, while the other felt up her skirt.

"I'll help you out, sweet cheeks!" His eyes stared at the woman lustfully. His wrath. His pain. His bloodlust. I can feel it. It hurts.

"NO!! NO!! I NEED A HER-"

I jolted awake, my chest heaving. I screamed and ran my fingers through my hair. Why? Why couldn't I save those women? I should've been stronger to catch him before he did all those heinous things to all those women. She needed a hero. They all did and no one came. I frustratingly held my head and tightly closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath, my arms dropped and I looked at my clock. 2:58a.m. Huh? I woke up a little too early, probably because I fell asleep so early.

Huffing, I opened my nightstand taking out my pack of cigarettes. I toss them on the bed and walk over to my dresser taking out a pair of black jogging pants and a oversized white T-shirt. I walk back to my bed, pick up my pack, and walk out my apartment grabbing my lighter. I have a very small apartment, but it has everything I need. Everything is open besides the bathroom, that's the only room that is private.

I leaned against the railing in front of my front door lighting a cigarette. I puffed on it looking up at the night sky. The stars danced and twinkled in the black abyss above my head. The crescent moon lit up the night sky showing few clouds passing. It really is beautiful tonight. I just stood outside smoking for about thirty minutes. I went through four cigarettes in that time frame until my neighbor opened his apartment door.

"Hello, Hikari."

"Hello, Kaii." Kaii Maki. I can actually call him a friend. I tell him more than Toshi, I don't know why exactly, but I just feel comfortable around him. His curly brown hair curled down to his shoulders as he walked towards the railing. He was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. His beautiful baby blue eyes looked at me in curiosity, then he asked.

"Nightmares again?"

"Yeah."

"You want to talk about it?" He asked softly. He was so easy to talk to. Ever since I moved here, he has always been friendly. Also because of his quirk, Fortified Stamina, he never sleeps. His body doesn't require energy, he never runs out of energy not matter how much he wants to use. He never feels tired or even overworked. I thought it was such an amazing quirk, but he hates it. He barely eats or drinks, and he never sleeps. Food may taste good, but his body doesn't require it, he only eats or drinks whenever he's out with friends or just bored. Since he never sleeps, we've gotten into a routine. I wake up, need someone to talk to, and he appears right outside for me to spill my fears to.

"Actually, yes." My voice came out raspy and needy.

"I'm all ears. I never get tired of talking to you." His pun made me contort my face, but his humor always tugged at my heart. I chuckled and looked into his deep baby blue eyes, a grin finally formed on my face.

"Oh ha ha. That was so damn cringey."

"Tch, I thought that shit was amazing. Anyways, tell me about it." I took a deep puff from my cigarette and flicked it forward.