Chapter 19: I Promise

I slowly lift my heavy eyelids only to be met with the white ceiling. I take a deep breath and turn my nose up at the sight. Okay this shit is getting old. I'm tired of waking up in a fucking hospital. I feel my left hand being held very tightly, looking I see Toshi clinging to me like I'm about to slip away. I also see that my right arm is in a sling and I can't even feel it. I grip Toshi's hand tightly to alert him I'm awake. His head shoots up and his tired sunken eyes meet mine.

"Hikari, how are you feeling?"

"Pissed off. I'm fucking tired of waking up in a damn hospital." I say sternly narrowing my eyes. I see him grin as a chuckle is pushed through his nostrils.

"I'll go get the doc-"

"No. I know what happened to me. I don't need someone in a white coat telling me what's wrong." He can tell by my tone to not get a doctor. I turn my head away from him and peel my hand away from his grip. First day as Toshi's TA and I end up in the damn hospital. I knew I shouldn't have said yes. At least I get to be around Shota. Living with him isn't so bad either. SHOTA?!? OH FUCK AND THE STUDENTS! I push my body off the bed a little too hard and I stare at Toshinori wide eyed.

"How is Shota, Thirteen and the students?!?"

"The students are fine. Thirteen and Aizawa are in stable conditions."

"Which means they really aren't fine, putting it lightly."

"Thirteen is okay, but Aizawa was... badly injured." Toshi doesn't make eye contact with me, he just stares at his feet. I bite the inside of my lip and I remember everything that had happened.

"I could've reduced the damage if I wasn't so fucking pathetic." I say angrily at myself.

"Shut up. That's not true. You tried the best you could."

"It wasn't enough." I gripped my sheets tightly as I turned my gaze away from Toshi. How could I save Shota if I couldn't even save myself from my father. I couldn't do anything against that bird brained shit eater or face palm times five. How am I even a pro hero? It's pathetic, they let anyone be a pro if I am one.

"I can still read you like a book, Hikari. Don't put any of this on yourself. You are a great hero. If anyone is to blame it's me. They were after me and I wasn't even there when they showed up. The students and my colleagues were hurt because of me." Toshi gripped his jeans tightly as he spoke through gritted teeth. I needed to change the subject quickly because I hated seeing the symbol of peace in such a state.

"What happened?"

"Well I fought the bird guy, which is called a Nomu, and well defeated him. He's in police custody as of right now. Shigaraki, the hand guy, and Kurogiri, the portal guy, escaped, but Snipe was able to put a couple of shots in Shigaraki. Young Midoryia showed great heroism as he tried to save me, but was hurt in the process. Also, my time limit has shorten. That's mostly it. Oh, and the security has sky rocketed at UA now."

"You always over do shit. Are you hurt though?"

"I'm fine. I just needed to make sure you were okay."

"I'm as fit as a fiddle." I sarcastically spout. He narrows his eyes at me, but they soften when I grin back at him. I see he's waiting for me to tell him he can leave by the way his twiddling his thumbs.