Chapter 17: Hope

Back to back we stood, facing villain after villain. I could tell the time limit with each erasure was getting shorter, but I let him keep going.

"Damnit Shota, where are the other teachers?"

"I don't know. Our main concern are the students." Shota's voice was low and husky. Nodding my head I faced the other villains. One of them charged at us, out of pure frustration, which was a big mistake. Locking my eyes with his, I used my quirk taking control of him.

"Why won't my body move?" I heard the criminal say in his mind.

"You won't be able to, so just endure it." I quickly made the criminal turn on his heel and attack his colleagues. Making him use his own quirk, he blasted criminal after criminal with the holes in his fingers.

"You bitch! I'll kill you after I get out of this shitty quirk."

"Yeah yeah, save your breath."

Shota has parted away from me at this time fighting his own battle. He can handle himself. He is a pro after all. One came charging at me and I closed my four fingers, shooting out my wire. Bringing him closer to me, I leaped off the ground and connected the ball of my foot right to his throat.

Sensing a presence coming behind me, I made the criminal I captured with my quirk appear where a blade would have pierced my abdomen. Side stepping the scene, I closed my eyes as I felt them ache. Hearing footsteps closing in on my, I opened them catching a women with blonde hair and blue eyes with my quirk. I haven't seen her use her quirk, so I'll just use her for protection.

"This quirk is fucking aggravating as hell."
The anger in her voice made me want to laugh, but I kept it together.

"Mhm, well you all invading the USJ is aggravating, but you don't hear me bitching about it." About five of them have surrounded me now, as I stood back to back with the woman. Fun. Toshi really owes me big time.

"We can take her guys! She can only take one person at a time!" I heard a man yell as he formed a sand knife in his hand.

"Mhm, you think so? How about you show me with your actions instead of spouting cocky words?" I said smiling. At once they all came charging at us at full speed. Taking in my surroundings and a deep breath, I muddled out the best plan I could.

I quickly released the woman from my quirk and captured the sand quirk criminal. Making it seem like he was still on their side, I let him keep charging. Turning to the woman behind me, I wrapped her with my wire and slung her at one of her colleagues. With them two out, I really only have three more to deal with since I have the sand dude on my side.

Suddenly a fist was thrown towards my face, I felt knuckles graze my cheek when I swiftly moved my head to the left. Ducking beneath his grasp I took the palm of my hand and made contact with his nose. Stunning him I ran towards the other two, and the one I captured. Taking my wire I wrapped it around the throat of enemy. He grabbed the wire around his throat to break free, but I had already begun to pull him closer. The other guy, which looked more like a kid, was still charging, until I made the sand guy tackle him to the ground and press a knife to his throat. Finally pulling the enemy close and pulling him towards the ground, I forcefully took my right knee and made contact with his chin.