Chapter 28: Blame

The wind. All I felt was wind, the sharp stinging brisk air stabbed my skin as I felt myself falling. I wanted to keep my eyes closed, but I was scared to. Opening them, darkness surrounded me; so dark I couldn't see my hand I stuck out in front of my face.

I was still falling, but I couldn't see the ground, if there even was one. I felt alone, cold, and confused. I then feel a hand apply pressure to my shoulder. Looking over my shoulder thinking I won't be able to see anything, but I do.

Deep glowing crimson eyes meet mine, but that's all I see. Feeling another hand on my other shoulder I turn to look over that shoulder; I'm met with another pair of crimson eyes.

"Why didn't you save us, Hikari?" The figure asks me, but the voice sounds just like Kaii's. Chills prickle the outside of my body while a burning sensation spreads throughout my chest. I feel the other hand grip my shoulder tighter, turning to it, it's words pierce my soul like a sharp blade.

"Because of you, we are gone." My mother's sweet comforting voice echoes throughout the darkness. My throat tightens while tears prick the corners of my eyes. I try to speak, but no words leave my mouth even though it moves.

"You killed us. Our blood is on your hands, and yours alone." They speak in unison, the words echo in the darkness attacking my heart even worse. I try to scream my apologies to the both of them, but no words, not even sobs manage to escape my lips.

"We won't forgive you, we never will." The guilt finally travels back into my heart, making me feel the same way I did when I wanted to end my life.

"If he would've done what he wanted with you both of us would still be alive. All the sacrifices we made for you, and you couldn't even sacrifice your life for ours. We can't forgive you for that reason. We died for you, but you didn't die for us." My mother monotonously voiced as her eyes kept staring into mine.

I then feel her hands on my face, I reach up grabbing her wrists, feeling wetness dripping from them. I come to abrupt stop, not falling anymore, but my feet doesn't meet the ground. I take my hand from her wrists and look down, the glow of the red lights up the darkness.

Shaken with fear, I shift my eyes to my mother. Her body isn't there, still just the eyes, but now red glowing blood hastily drops from both wrists.

"Hikari, if you die, no more pain will endure within you anymore. Do what your mother and I did. If you do, you will have died for us. Maybe then we can forgive." Kaii says behind me, looking to my feet, both of their blood puddles around my feet. Looking back up, Kaii and Mother hold their hands out for me, needing me to take them.

"Okay." I finally voice, reaching out my hand towards the both of theirs. When I take my first step, an arm wraps around my throat, making it hard to breathe.

"I'm not done with you yet, sweetheart. I made you, so you will die when I say you can." My father's menacing voice echoes in my ear. I still try to reach out my hands towards them both, but it seems they become farther and farther away from me.

"Let's go back so I can teach you a lesson, and so will my men." I try to scream, but no words come out again. I try to move, but nothing happens. He has me again and I can't do anything.

Maybe this is my punishment for what I've done. I see my father's men walking towards me in the darkness, and fear strikes me. I close my eyes, hoping it will take away the fear resonating throughout my body.