Chapter 34: Dinner

⚠️Slight Lemon in this chapter⚠️

The ride back to Shota's was short, making me wish that it was only a little bit longer. I don't want to keep this from him, but it's not his fight. I can't make it obvious that tonight may be my last night... I will try to make it back to him, I'll fight my hardest, but I'm not certain how everything will turn out in the end.

The taxi pulls up at the driveway, getting out I hand him the money and make my way up to the house. I open the door, but when I walk in the house it is completely dark. Um that's weird, I know he likes to save power, but there is literally no lights on?

"Um, Shota? Are you here?" I slip off my shoes and begin to walk forward towards the stairs. Out the corner of my eye, I see a small ray of light appear. Turning my whole body, Shota stands before me with a candle in his hand.

He doesn't speak as he sets it down on the kitchen table. Striking a match, he lights two more candles that sit on the table as well. On the table, sits two plates both with food, two glasses, a bottle of wine, and a plate with garlic bread in the middle.

Wide eyed, I look up at Shota; he wears a black suit with a black undershirt, black slick dress pants and hair pulled back in a bun. He awkwardly looks at the ground rubbing the back of his neck. He did this for me? Cooked? Cleaned himself up and everything?My chest tightens as I take a step back almost knocked off my feet by what he's done for me.

"I've felt bad because I've kept our relationship quiet, so instead of us going out on a date, I thought we could, uh, you know have one here." Shota's deep voice makes my ears turn hot, when I look up at him, the candle lighting allows me to see a faint blush run across his cheeks.

"There is a black dress upstairs for you, go change so we can get this shit started."

"Okay, I'll change real quick." I hurriedly scurry upstairs, closing my door behind me, I slide all the way down it. When my butt hits the floor, my tears start to fall. I don't want to leave him, I love him. I... I just want to be with him, always, but I can't be selfish. I can't let Shota know I'm crying, ugh, get it together.

Wiping my tears away and smacking my cheeks, I push myself off the ground towards my bed. A new elegant black dress lies on the bed, with earrings next to it, and on the ground a new pair of black high heels. When did he get these? It's beautiful.

I feel my chest begin to tighten again as I reach down to grab the dress

I feel my chest begin to tighten again as I reach down to grab the dress. Pressing it against my body, I look in the mirror thinking about how it will look on me. I excitedly toss it back on the bed and shimmy my hero costume off. I slip on the black dress and the black heels, and walk over to the mirror so I can put on the earrings.