Taste Test

You weren't the best cook. In fact, you had been named the worst cook from the superfriends. With the vote being 2-9. You and Lena being the only ones that had agreed you were a good cook. It didn't matter that the majority of your friends agreed that you were a terrible cook, all that mattered was that Lena loved it.

It's why you had headed home early to make her favorite meal. Today, wasn't any special day in specific. You had only wanted to do this because you just wanted to do something romantic for her. You were a bit behind so you didn't have a time to taste it before Lena arrived.

"Oh perfect! You're just in time."

You greeted her with a kiss and held a spoon up to her mouth.

"Could you taste this and see if this is okay?"

Lena bit her lip as she stared at the spoon before eventually giving in and deciding to taste it. She would eat literal poison if it meant that you saw how much she appreciated you.

She wanted to throw up so badly. It took everything in her to swallow the bite and give you a smile to tell you that it was good but even though she had tried her hardest to hide how badly your food tasted, you could tell she was lying.

"Oh god, it was terrible wasn't it?"

You could feel tears in your eyes as you felt disappointed in yourself for ruining the one meal Lena love.

"I'm so sorry! I tried so hard to do something nice for you and I ruined it."

Lena cupped your cheeks, gently moving your head to look at her.

"It might not have been the best tasting meal I've had but I really appreciated the fact that you tried. I love you, (y/n)."

She wiped your tears away and leaned in to kiss you.

"How about this? I go change into something comfortable and then we can both prepare it together. It'll be fun! I promise."

It did sound fun to spend the evening with her and she seemed so excited that you couldn't help but smile.

"Are we making cookies as well?"

"All the cookies you want, darling."