Chapter Nineteen: Daisy Chains

Lydia

After we ate, we walked around the town. Jungkook was showing me more places to go since I still never knew where half of everything was.

We were walking past groups of people. Each time we passed someone, they stared at us and smiled.

I looked at Jungkook as he must have noticed me in an uncomfortable state, "It's okay, they are just showing some respect."

"Oh," I said, looking at the floor, making this more awkward.

"How about we go up onto that hill and sit, and I can answer some of your questions?"

"Sure." We crossed the road and started walking up to it. I turned around and noticed a man staring at me with piercing red eyes. I turned back around and closed my eyes, pretending I never just witnessed that.

"They won't hurt you," Jungkook says, glaring at the man. "They have orders to follow." We reached the top, and I started right away with questions, but I didn't want to ask him loads to overwhelm him.

"Mia and the girls were talking about that? I know Namjoon gave them, but why?" I asked, sitting down on the dry grass. I noticed daisies surrounding us and started to make a daisy chain.

"Well, we have a rule set for this town. We can't hurt the humans or any newcomers, especially you. Namjoon strictly told everyone to back off and not to bother or intimate you. We stay hidden in the shadows, but some of us just don't follow the rules, and that comes with a consequence.

"What kind of consequence?" I looked up, staring at him.

"Death."

My eyes widened. "Damn." I shook my head as Jungkook let out a laugh.

"What are you doing anyway with the daisies?" Jungkook asked.

"Making a daisy chain. Have you ever made one before?" I replied as he shook his head.

"Here, let me teach you... So basically to start, you get these two daisies and make a hole with your nail in one stem, then put the other daisy into it." I showed him the start of mine.

"Like that?" Jungkook asks, trying to follow how I taught him.

"Yes! Well done, now just keep doing that until you are satisfied with how long you want it, then you are done."

I watched Jungkook concentrate as he lifted it up, "Finished," Jungkook says standing up, showing off his masterpiece.

"It's beautiful! " I clap my hands.

"Just like you," he mumbled,

"What?" I asked. Jungkook shakes his head.

"Nothing. so, do you have any more questions for me?"

I thought for a second. I wanted to ask him a certain question, but I didn't want to ruin this moment. I thought hard, but I did not know how I would word this out to Jungkook.

"You think a lot," Jungkook laughed.

"Don't tell me you can read minds as well?" Jungkook winked at me as I grew red again. Great!

"You won't ruin the moment. Just tell me, what's on your mind?"

I sighed, as I met his eyes again.

"Can you tell me more about Adelia?"

Jungkook went silent and closed his eyes.

"I knew I would ruin it," I say, standing up... I gathered my things and was about to walk away when Jungkook grabbed my hand.

"No wait, I'm sorry. I just hate talking about her to people, but I guess I can tell you. Anyway, it might benefit me, and I can always do with getting some things off my chest."