Chapter Forty-Four: The Cafe

"What do you mean?" I frowned, how could he possibly get worse when his life is going back to how it was with her?

"A few days ago, I had overheard her on the phone, I may have been hearing things but I'm certain I heard everything she said," Jimin tries to explain as he rubbed his head.

"What did you hear?"

"I can't exactly describe it, I just- I just feel like Adelia is making him worse, I caught them going out last night, so I followed them and..." Jimin waves his hand telling me to come closer, I leaned more forward on the table.

"Adelia and Jungkook are going against Namjoon's orders and breaking the rules of this town. They were feeding on the innocent," he whispered in my ear, I sat back as my jaw dropped.

"Which I don't get why is he is doing that. Since he met you, he changed into a different man. He did nothing this bad when you were getting close. I mean yes, he bit you a few times but he soon stopped, didn't he? With Adelia, he's going crazy like he hasn't had blood in years."

I sat and listened to Jimin telling me about Jungkook's problems, I didn't understand why Jungkook would even do this? What happened to him?

"Jimin, I think you should tell Namjoon about this. Telling me won't do anything. If you tell Namjoon he could put a stop to this."

Jimin shook his head, "There's a part that I forgot to tell you, Lydia," he sighs.

"Everyone in the damn house loves her. I got told Jin gave you the cold shoulder last night is that correct?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, I will not sit and lie to you. It did honestly hurt me, especially from the times I have come before. He's been so happy to see me but last night just hit different and I realised how unwanted I felt as soon as I stepped into the house."

Jimin thought for a second and looked at me with a sad face. He knew, he knew that something was going on.

"That's just so wrong, Jin is never like this. When Namjoon told me, I didn't want to believe him, I didn't. From that day, you and Jin were in the kitchen talking, he treated you much better than he treated us. I'm just pissed off that nobody can sense anything bad about her except me." I nodded in agreement, "I understand."

"Before we speak about it more, do you want anything to drink? I will pay," Jimin offered, I grabbed the drink menu again. I wasn't that fussed, "Lemonade will be fine, thank you."

Jimin stands up and goes over to the bar and orders our drinks. Moments later he comes back with my lemonade in a glass and he ordered a coffee.

"Thank you," I said taking a sip, suddenly the table buzzed as we both looked over to Jimin's phone. Jimin unlocked his phone, and it was a missed call from Jungkook.

Jimin's phone goes off again, "You can answer it," I told him as he nodded slightly and answered.

"Hello."

Jimin's face changed, he seemed more frustrated now. He rolled his eyes as he pulled his phone away from his ear and quickly told me to listen, I took his phone and put it against my ear. What you could hear was Adelia complaining to Jungkook about the weather.

"He thinks he put me on mute," Jimin whispered.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh as I realised what I had done I chucked Jimin's phone back at him.

"Hello? Oh no I just coughed,"Jimin said, saving my ass, "Thank you." I mouthed to him.

He ended the call, "It was Jungkook as you know, he wanted to know where I was. He then told me to wait a second and yeah that happened," he laughed.

"Right back to the real talk, so how has your day been?" Jimin asked taking a sip of his coffee since it had to be cooled down now.

Before I could say anything, I was cut off by a piercing sharp scream from outside of the cafe. Jimin and I shared a glance to see if we both heard that.

There were only a few people in this cafe, me, Jimin, a man at the bar and 2 other couples. A woman comes in and sits on the stool at the bar next to us.

"Poor girl," she tells a man that was working behind the bar, "Was it an attack?"

Jimin stared at me as we were listening to their conversation.

"Yeah, near here, it was around the corner. A man called the police, they are taking care of it, poor girl she looked only young."

"Do you think she was Human or one of us?" The other man next to her asked, "Human, 100% the blood smelt like a human."

I instantly felt sick. I looked over at Jimin as I had worry written all over my face, I was terrified at this point.

"Let's go," Jimin says, standing up as I do the same. The woman looked behind and watched me, she eyes me up and down and smirks. I backed away as Jimin pulled me closer to him.