Chapter Sixty-Eight: The Truth

Sam,
1847: The first encounter

"Listen to me Adelia, this could be our chance. Our wealth could be outstanding, after your mother died, we lost everything. This could be our chance, save yourself, save your family and do this for us," I pleaded.

"Fine," she gave in "Only for you and brother," she huffed.

"That's my girl! Now, best be on your way, their boat arrives here any minute now, don't forget to say that you are new."

"I know, I know." She ran off closing the door, I rubbed my hands together praying one of them would notice her.

She was on her way to wander the streets to find the new wealthy businessmen that came into town, they always come and go but we were falling apart, we just needed something good to come out of this.

~

"Father, this is Jeon Jungkook."

I looked over and noticed it was one of them, I was thrilled. I eyed Adelia as she smirked at me. This is brilliant.

From that day on I treated Jungkook like he was my very own son. Jungkook had told me he got adopted into his family, and now he helps with their business overseas.

~

"And you see Sam, I can't leave Adelia behind. She's a part of my life now, I would love to take you and her brother and whoever she wants, for her to come with me," Jungkook explained.

"Please father," Adelia begged.

"We want to see you happy Adelia, of course, we will all go."

We all celebrated, Jungkook and Adelia ran to her room to pack all of her belongings. As they turned the corner Adelia looked back at me smirking.

~

"'Dungrove' brilliant," I chuckled reading the welcome sign. It looked like we had arrived before them all.

"Remember the plan now, we are out of that rotting house. You are doing amazing, Adelia I'm so proud of you," I kissed her on her forehead as she smiled.

"I won't forget."

They arrived and Jungkook and Adelia went for a stroll around town to explore their new environment.

"I believe you are Sam Johnston, Adelia's Father?" A man came up to me offering his hand to shake.

"I am and you are?" I shook his hand as the man smiled.

"I am Kim Namjoon, I want to personally thank you. Your daughter has made our Jungkook a happy man." I looked behind me to see if I could try to see them, but they weren't in view anymore.

"It's my pleasure sir, I am glad they both just got along so easily."

"I agree," he laughed.

"Let me show you where you will stay."

Namjoon led me to a house not too far from where they all are staying, it was so much bigger than our old house.

"This is wonderful, thank you."

~

"Since you are engaged now, we have to go deeper into the plan."

"Are you sure this will work?" Adelia feared.

"I'm positive, we will be like them in no time, after I will search for you," I promised her.

"But what if I don't make it, what if I die?" She worried, I shook my head, "No, I won't let you. don't be scared it will be quick."

She closed her eyes, "But what about con-" I took the knife I was holding and stabbed her in the stomach, I instantly regretted it as I ripped the knife back out of her.

"Father?" My eyes widened as I noticed Connor, he had witnessed me.

He eyed me up and down in complete horror, he attempted to run away but I slit his throat as he struggled to breathe for air.

I carried them one by one outside into the open.

"What the?" I looked over and noticed an elderly homeless man.

"Hold this knife, I will give you money if you take the blame." The man didn't have time to answer as I put the knife in his hand.

~

I hid and watched Jungkook take Adelia's body around the corner. This plan was going smoothly, I was proud of us both.

I watched him bite into her as she shrieked. She soon collapsed, dead. I knew she would turn, but it still brought tears to my eyes to make this look more realistic.

~

"I can't believe this!" I cried as Namjoon tried to talk to me, "They are both gone." I acted broken, I just wanted Adelia to wake up already, the suspense was killing me.

"Sam, do you know what we are?" Namjoon questioned.

"Yes."

"I normally don't do this, but I can offer to turn you. Just so you can stop this pain inside of you, you can be with us."

I mentally screamed as we both would now be together again, we would no longer be the small poor family who lived on the poorest side of town.