Chapter Seventy-Five: Shopping

"Lydia, you have to try this on," Beth squealed while holding up a red dress.

"Do I have to?" I whined, this made Beth roll her eyes, "Yes... please," she begged.

"Fine."

I took the dress from her hands and went into the changing rooms, I stripped out of my clothes and unzipped the dress. There was no way it could fit around my shoulders, so I stepped into it and pulled it up.

"Damn, it's a tight squeeze!" I yelled to Beth, "Come out, I want to see it on you."

I held my breath and zipped up the dress, I breathed out and tried to adjust myself, I took one look in the mirror and I didn't look that bad.

"Lydia, please I want to see you." I heard Beth say for the second time, "I'm coming, I'm coming," I told her.

I pushed the curtains back and walked out, "Sweet Jesus, you look good." She jumped up and down, "You should get it," she said.

"It's too tight, I don't think I will, is there a different size?" I asked. Beth shook her head, "That's the last one."

I walked back into the changing room and unzipped the dress, I let out a sigh of relief when I finally got to breathe normally again.

I put my clothes back on and went back out to see Beth looking at more clothes, "There will be more clothes to buy, we've only arrived." I told Beth as she agreed.

Hours into shopping I was stumbling around the place, these bags were so heavy. Beth carried them like it was a piece of cake, I looked at her in disbelief how could she manage all the bags?

"Being a vampire comes with an advantage," she laughed, I groaned and put my bags down to rest my arms. "Can we go get a drink or something I need to sit down?" I said.

"Yeah sure, we can go to the seats over there." She pointed in the direction across from us. I lifted my bags up and quickly ran over to the seats.

"Oh, thank god for that," I sighed.

"I will go order, what do you want?" Beth asked.

"Water will be just fine."

She nodded and made her way over to order as she soon comes back with 2 glasses of ice and 2 bottles of water.

"I am exhausted," I yawned.

"Shopping tires you out," she admitted.

"Anyway... how are you coping?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like living with the boys and coping with all of this death?"

I got my bottle of water and poured it into my glass, "It's okay. I'm still hurting every day but I'm fine, I'm just trying my best to stay strong," I smiled, "What about you?"

Beth sighed, "I guess one of us is doing great. The deaths of Mia and Nelly took an impact on me. When I left you all to go home, I completely trashed my house. My mother finally got a hold of me and never let me go, I wanted to do horrible things to myself, but she stopped me," she sniffed.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay, I guess this is distracting me from everything that's happened to us. I think we both needed this time away from everyone."

"Yeah, I think we did, at least we both have each other," I grabbed a hold of her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"I'm glad I still have you," she reached over for a hug as wrapped my arms around her.

"As Namjoon told me, I'm safe meaning you're safe... we will be okay," I promised her.

Or so I thought.