Chapter Fourteen: Losing Humanity

"I don't think that's a good idea." I was about to shut the door until Beth interrupted.

"Lydia, talk to him. Maybe you can get more answers, we best be on our way now. I will see you at school on Monday."

All three girls waved me goodbye as they passed Jungkook. I suddenly felt nervous again, why does he make me want to go into an absolute breakdown?

"So... uh, can I come in?" He asks scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah, come in." He slowly walked in and smiled at me.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I truly thought you were Adelia, I was mistaken and I apologise."

"It's okay, I mean, I am creeped out still about how alike her and I look. but I realise from your point of view it'll be hard."

Jungkook smiles at me as he looks down and plays with his hands.

"You are right, you stand up for yourself. You aren't afraid of speaking for yourself, as for Adelia... well she was shy and never had the courage. I don't know how I never noticed, I guess when I first saw you, I instantly thought she was coming back to me after all these years."

"If you don't mind me asking, how she did she die?" I asked, getting comfortable on the couch.

"Your kind killed her!" He snapped as he realised what he had done, his face went pale.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap," he says rubbing his temples, I could tell he was stressed.

"it's okay."

Jungkook shook his head, "No, it's not okay."

"I just wish I could go back in time," Jungkook's eyes flashed with a deep red, I knew what was coming. I got up and ran to the stairs as I heard him follow. He grabbed me and pinned me to the wall by my shoulders. I shivered as I felt him sniff my neck, letting out a moan.

"You don't know how good your blood tasted last time," he whispers into my ear as he moved my hair away from my neck.

"Please don't," I begged.

"I'm sorry, my love." I felt a sharp cut on the right side of my neck as I let out a piercing scream.

Namjoon

I stood outside Lydia's house waiting for Jungkook to talk to her, I was the one that convinced him to at least apologise.

These past 2 weeks have been a nightmare, he would be out from midnight until sunrise and come back covered in blood, his humanity is disappearing day by day.

I was about to lean against a tree when I heard a scream coming from the house.

"Damn it, Jungkook," I growled as I opened the door. I immediately ran in, I wasn't like other vampires, I could walk in and out of people's houses without permission but only in this town.

I found Jungkook gripping Lydia as he sucked her dry.

"Jungkook stop you will kill her!" I yelled. I grabbed Jungkook and chucked him to the other side of the room, "You idiot!" I screamed.

I looked over to Lydia and noticed she was on the verge of passing out.

"It's okay just rest." She nods and collapses into my arms.

"I can't control myself, I can't apologise, never make me do that again." Jungkook wipes the blood from his mouth and walked out of the house as if nothing happened.

I shook my head and took Lydia back to the house to make sure Jungkook does nothing like this to her ever again.

I couldn't blame him, it's not nice losing someone you want to spend the rest of eternity with, especially if it's your beloved.