Chapter Fifty-Six: Weird

We both froze, staring at each other. We both sprinted to my room, I called her number again as my floor vibrated. I looked over at Adelia's things as I caught a glimpse of a screen lighting up, I reached for it and it was Lydia's phone.

"Why is her phone here?" Jimin asked.

"I have no idea, Jimin."

"Are you going to confront her about it or ask her nicely?" I looked through her phone seeing she had loads of notifications from different apps.

"Are you going to ask Adelia about this?"

"I just don't know I-"

"Jungkook, I'm home." We heard her shout from downstairs, Jimin and I panicked as we chucked her phone back to where we found it.

"Act normal," Jimin whispered.

Suddenly, the door was wide open and Adelia strolls in, she gets taken back when she notices Jimin, "Hey Jimin, what are you both doing?"

"Oh us? We were just about to play a game," I answered as Jimin nodded agreeing with me.

"Yeah, care to join us?" He asked.

"No thanks, I have to go back out soon," she said taking her hair down.

"Oh, where are you going?" I asked, kissing her head.

"Just somewhere."

I spotted Jimin looking at me, he knew something was wrong and deep down, I knew as well.

"Okay, be careful."

I left the bedroom as I let out a sigh, "She's definitely up to something," Jimin mumbled.

"Shut up! She can still hear us." I elbowed his side.

When we reached Jimin's room, we both sat down and seconds later Adelia barged in.

"Did any of you go through my stuff?" She panicked,

"No," Jimin said.

"I don't want to hear it from you. Jungkook, you would never lie to me... did you go through my stuff?" She bats her eyes at me, I mentally cringed, what was going on with her lately?

"No, we never went through your stuff," I lied as she huffed and left the room.

Jimin stared at the door as she left it open, he got up and shut it while letting out a sigh, "Jungkook, I'm not saying anything but are you sure she's the one for you?"

I looked down and shrugged, I had been mourning over her death for many years. Lydia caught me by surprise and now Adelia is back I felt complete. But now, I feel like I'm living in a bunch of lies.

"I don't know anymore Jimin, she just doesn't tell me anything."

"Why don't you just call off the engagement then?"

I stopped what I was doing and just looked at him, "It's not that easy."

"Jungkook, I'm back!" I heard the front door slam shut.

"Let's go see Namjoon." We both got up and heard footsteps running across the hall. I opened the door, and nobody was there, weird.

"I told Jimin everything, did you find out anything?" I asked while we walked towards his office.

"Nothing, they knew nothing about it either, when I get my hands on them, I'm going to rip them apart!" Namjoon threatened.

"How dare they do this to Lydia, poor girl," he mumbled. "Jungkook, can you get me some more paper from the basement please?"

I walked out of the office and spotted Adelia sitting on the counter in the kitchen watching me with a smirk on her face.