Chapter Twenty: Flashback PT.1

Jungkook

Jungkook

"Where do you want me to start?" I asked Lydia.

"From the beginning."

"Be prepared for a hell of a long story, it's good to get comfortable." We both lay on the grass watching the clouds as I began to slowly tell her.

November 27th 1847

I was on my way back to the mainland, I had worked overseas as a businessman with my brothers, helping with our allies.

"That is the last of the paperwork for today." I looked over and heard Namjoon sigh.

"You could use some rest brother," I say as Namjoon yawns.

"Perhaps so." Namjoon walked along the dock and disappeared out of sight, I knew he would be on his way home now.

I made my way into town and strolled along, I had nothing better to do. I grew hungry, the cursed monster I was. I was all new to this, I still did not know how to completely control myself.

I wandered into the busy market, I was now craving blood badly, I had forgotten to feed, and the hunger was unbearable. Everything stopped for a second, my eyes caught the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my lifetime.

As I continued to look at her, I never realised she looked at me which made me shiver. I felt alive after all these years, I had never felt like this with anyone else, was this possibly what love at first sight, felt like?

My hunger for blood soon vanished as I watched her walk towards me, "Excuse me, sir, would you mind helping me? I'm a little lost." Her voice was angelic, a smile formed on my face as I agreed to help her "Where are you wanting to go?"

"I am trying to find the horse stable, my family and I just moved here, and I had to meet my brother at the stables." She rubs her hands together to keep the warmth.

"I see, follow me miss, I will escort you." I held out my arm as she kindly took it. I felt a shock run through my entire body. What was going on?

"The stable is not that far, just a two minute walk."

"Thank you, sir, for this, I would have been so lost without you." The woman showed a bright smile as we continued our journey.

"It's my pleasure," I kissed her hand.

"Well, aren't you a gentleman." I smirked as we turned the corner and made it to the stables.

"Here you are love, it was my pleasure walking with you," I bowed.

"Will I see you again?" She quickly asks as she sees me walking away, I stop and turned around.

"Certainly," I nod my head.

"Can I at least know your name?" She frowned.

"Jeon Jungkook, and yours?"

"Adelia, Adelia Johnston."

Over the gate, we heard her brother shout for her.

"I will see you again Adelia, have a good night."