Chapter Sixty-Two: Warehouse

Lydia

My heart was beating so fast.

He saved me, he cared.

I tried my best to stop crying, but the pain caught up to me. My head had a throbbing sensation and my back felt like it was broken.

"Let me help you up, let's get out of here," Jungkook quickly puts his arms around me carefully helping me stand up.

"Taehyung, take her other side," Taehyung gave me a reassuring smile as I put my other arm around his neck.

"What about Beth and Emma?" I panicked, I couldn't leave them here.

"Namjoon is taking care of them, don't worry," Jungkook said, while we made it out of the room. I then spotted them both with Namjoon making their way upstairs.

Once we all made it from the stairs, I let go of Jungkook and Taehyung and attempted to walk over to Beth and gave her a tight squeeze.

"I told you we will be okay," she whispered in my ear as I cried, "I just want out of here."

My body shook in fear as I noticed my surroundings. It was full of old dusty furniture and collectables.

We were about to make our way to the door, but we knew it was too good to be true, they wouldn't let us out... without a proper fight.

"Stop right there." The voice behind us demanded.

We all turn around noticing Nathaniel and Adelia holding a gun to Mia and Nelly's heads, "Please don't," Beth pleaded.

I caught eyes with Mia as panic filled her face. We were all afraid of what could happen.

"How about we put the gun's down and talk about this?" Namjoon tried to calm everyone down as Nathaniel erupted into laughter.

"I will put my gun down if you step down. Let me and my beautiful wife take over, " Nathaniel smirked.

"Wait... wife?" I heard Jungkook whisper. He looked like he was struggling.

"Aw Jungkook... If only you didn't leave her."

"I didn't, I thought she died," he snapped.

I watched Jungkook as he gazed over at Adelia, his facial expression looked like he had regretted everything with her... despite everything he has done to me I felt bad for him, and I truly did.

"Enough of this!" Adelia shouted.

Suddenly, I heard a bang, everyone ducked to where the bullet would go. My body tensed as I felt a shooting pain go through my stomach, I tried to speak but nothing came out.

Everyone then heard 2 other bangs and noticed Nathaniel and Adelia shot Mia and Nelly in the head as a pool of blood instantly surrounded them.

Beth let out a horrific scream, I looked down and noticed the blood staining my shirt. I fell onto my knees as everyone rushed to my side.

"Lydia!" Jungkook yelled.

"No, no, no," Beth hit her fists against the floor as she made her way beside me. Jin then came running with a bandage, he held my stomach to put pressure on it as I let out a blood-curdling scream. I was in so much pain.

"You see, we aren't here to fuck about. Give up the town now!" Nathaniel roared as he pointed his gun at Namjoon, "Woah, easy there."

I could hardly see a thing, I couldn't stop crying from the pain. "You will be okay, I promise, you will be okay" Hoseok tried to calm me down as I started coughing up blood.

Jin looked at Jungkook and shook his head as Jungkook worried even more.

I tried my best to control my breathing, I looked over at Nathaniel, he still had his gun pointing at Namjoon. Seconds later a bang occurs once again, with a blink of an eye Nathaniel is in a pool of his blood. "Nathaniel!" Adelia screeched.

I looked over to see who had shot him, I looked up to see Emma on the stairs stretching over, Adelia caught her and ran to her without another thought Emma pulled the trigger again now hitting Adelia.

From the entrance we noticed a blaze of a fire happening, the fire spread quickly as it was nearly at us.

"Come on, we need to get out of here!" Namjoon yelled.

Jungkook and Jin lifted me as I screamed in agony, I was losing so much blood. My mind couldn't think straight until I remembered... my mum's body was still in there.

"Wait no, my mum... my mum's body," I cried as I tried to get Jin and Jungkook off me.

They wouldn't listen to me as we made it outside from the back, they laid me down on the grass as we were now a couple of feet away from the fire.

I cried thinking about my mum, I couldn't imagine her body burning, I wanted to give her a proper farewell and proper funeral.

I started to blackout, the last thing I heard was everyone shouting my name with pure panic, was this the end? Was I going to finally be with my mum again in the afterlife?