Chapter One: Moving

'Dungrove' - A unique town no ordinary human can obtain access to. It is highly impossible to pinpoint on the world map or even to have a conversation with someone from there could be a life risk.

 It is highly impossible to pinpoint on the world map or even to have a conversation with someone from there could be a life risk

Lydia

"You'll love it here, Lydia. I promise."

"Hopefully," I sighed.

Yet again, I was moving house to a small town in America. It is an anonymous town called 'Dungrove.' I have never heard of it or seen it on the world map, leaving me clueless about its existence, but here we are on our way to a new start.

We drove carefully through the woods until we noticed a small wooden sign that read, "Welcome to Dungrove."

We gradually drove through the streets, trying to find our new home. The people already bugged me, the way they stared at the car as we drove past them all, it was like they had never seen anyone cross the welcome sign boarder in a while.

I felt a shiver run through my spine as we made it to our house. I stayed seated in the car and looked at my new so-called home. I couldn't believe how new it looked compared to other houses we had previously passed, but i knew the inside wouldnt look like the outside.

"Let's unpack, Lydia."

I got out of the car and walked up to the door with the keys. "Home, sweet home," I mumbled.

Turning to the staircase, I heard mum shout to me, "If you are going upstairs, take some of your boxes, and your room is to the left." Grabbing a few of my boxes, I headed to my new room.

"I'll come down and get the rest," I huffed, struggling to see.

I'm guessing my room was the norm for dungrove, it was cold and dark that needed a good dusting.

Sighing, I put my covers and blankets over my bed, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. After that, I took out all of the posters I had in my old room. The silence was killing me, so I got my speakers from a box, plugged them into my phone, and connected them to Spotify.

I pressed shuffle, and 'Joji- Sanctuary' came on. Continuing to decorate my room, I finally gave up after a few hours and looked around giving a small nod of approval. "Not bad, Lydia, not bad." I praised myself.

The time was now 9 p.m. I sighed and went downstairs to find my mum setting up the TV. "Oh, I was just about to call you down," she says, walking past me.

She got out her purse and said, "Here, take this and go get us a pizza. I'm sure I noticed a pizza parlour down the street." She gave me the money, and I made my way out of the house.

The eeriness of this place is haunting, it's too dark to be walking alone here, we should have phoned the damn place.

I looked around with uneasiness as I struggled to find the pizza parlour, but with some luck, I found it. Looking into the shop, the people just stood there causally staring at me.

I awkwardly walked away as I stopped next door to see a market packed with instant noodles and decided to buy them instead.

Walking outside of the market, the frosty air instantly hit my face. I made my way back home as the streets were all the same with similar people.

As I turned the corner, I bumped into an older woman with a child. She quickly gasped and hid her daughter, I'm assuming, with her scarf.

"Dear, what are you doing out? Get home quickly. You don't want anything to happen to you!" She quickly walked past me, leaving me dumbfounded.

What did she mean? What would happen? I shook it off and made my way back home peacefully.

Dungrove, what kind of town are you?