F O U R

"richieee! mr.tozierrr! wake up!" aunt may called down from the kitchen.

richie rolled out of bed landing on the floor with a thump.
"kay!" he called back to her.

aunt may had been taking care of richie since his dad passed and mother left. he was more than grateful to have her in his life, she always took care of him in the time he felt abandoned. all she has ever shown him was a healthy home life.

richie stood from the ground and picked up his duvet. he made the bed like he was supposed to and walked down the ladder to the upstairs kitchen where aunt may was making bacon and eggs.

"good morning richie." aunt may fretted with a warm smile.

"morning." he smiled back pulling the chair out so he could sit down. the unforgiving cushion hurt his butt like normal.

cracking his back, richie felt his muscles were extremely sore but decided not to pay much attention to them.

aunt may placed his plate in from of him ruffling his curls in a playful manner.

"so, excited for school?" she questioned

"ugh don't remind me, do not excited." richie groaned

"you've got less than a week now, we've got to go supply shopping today.."

"yeah yeah, thank you for breakfast may. i'll go get ready"

she snickered, smirking and ruffled his hair again.

he finished half of his plate and saved the rest for tomorrow. he knew there was no need to save it, but richie has never been the type to throw something good away.

getting back up to his room he got ready for the day. he put on a nirvana t-shirt and tucked it into his light blue cuffed jeans that paired with his black jean jacket.
impending his closet, he pulled out his black converse with doodles all over. not bothering to tie them he made sure the souls weren't sticky in order to wear them out.

he brushed his teeth while lightly combing his curls just to make them less knotty. he finished by putting on deodorant and the colossal glasses he hated.

jumping down the stairs he met aunt may brushing her hair.

"ready champ?"

"yeah, i guess"

she put down her brush grabbing the keys to her car and they started off.
richie stared out the window as they passed a familiar house. it belonged to ben hanscom, his best friend since ever. richie saw him get out of the car with his mother, he was holding a lego death-star, richie face dropped. he is 1000% going to help him build that soon.

as quickly as it came into view the hanscom house was now out of view. richie kept his focus outside the window attempting to count mailboxes but always got distracted before he got to ten.

the store entrance had a banner that stated-

'BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES GET YOURS NOW!'

richie sighed.

they parked and walked into the store. right away they were greeted by an employee and the average overweight mother screaming at their child. typical.

"eddie-bear! you can't actually want a sketchbook, art is for girls. you're not a girl are you?!" the mother tried talking in a normal voice but it was loud and clear for all shoppers.

one thing caught richies attention. the name 'eddie' could it be?

richie walked over with aunt may following him down the isle. he didn't know what he expected. but he didn't expect to turn and be face to face with eddie, the eddie he was visiting tonight.

there was no light inside his eyes anymore, his hair was slicked down neatly. eddies shirt was yellow with stripes matched with green shorts and blue vans.

richie couldn't move, he didn't know why but he felt as if he needed to wrap this boy in a hug.

"sorry." he muttered his freckled face looked down and ran out of richies way, away from his mother.

"it's oka-"
"eddieee! come back!" his mother struggled to walk after her son. richie was filled with anger toward her, she clearly didn't know how to treat anyone.
"what the fuck are you staring at boy?" she questioned him.

"i- nothing ma'am" richie stuttered and let her pass him.

"that was so rude." aunt may whispered, a frown on her face. she took a step closer to richie
"don't let dumb people talk to you like that ever."

richie nodded but his thoughts didn't leave him mercy.

'that's eddies mother?'
'no wonder he wanted an escape'
'shut up brain she's probably not THAT bad'
'well, maybe'
'i don't care, i'm still gonna go see eddie tonight.'

the two sides of his brain rested their fight so richie could focus on picking out school supplies.

he couldn't wait for tonight.