F I V E

i put more effort into this chapters ending, i hope you can tell 🥺🥺

after the ride home with aunt may he placed all his supplies inside his denim backpack and zippered it shut.

he laid down on his soft bed as it cradled his back, still leaving room for pain. he decided to call ben but at that moment the phone rang.

leaning over, richie picked up the phone "hello?"

"richie oh my god" bens voice giggled "guess what i got today!"

"th-"

"THE LEGO DEATHSTAR! c'mon over dude you've got to help me build this thing!"
richie smiled, he had always wanted to build a lego deathstar.

"be over soon haystack." he hung up the phone and slid back on his jacket.
jumping down the stairs he waved aunt may goodbye, she knew since he was this excited it must have been ben.

walking to the house hurt his legs but he treaded on, the white picket fence stood out of the crowd as richie ran his finger along it wile walking.

ben was waiting outside with the box unopened.

"richie! you ready?" he called, a big smile across the chubby boys face as he waved.

richie couldn't help but smile back, as a smile like bens could make anyone's day brighter.

"hell yeah I'm ready!" richie yelled with enthusiasm. he started running toward ben wrapping one arm around him in a side hug as ben lead richie into the house.

"hey richie!" mike waved as they came
in.

mike was bens adopted brother. when he was little his parents passed in a fire, the only guardian he had passed away from a stroke. when ben was five he begged for a brother, his mom couldn't make another baby die to medical problems so they decided to adopt mike.
luckily, he was young and always looked on the positive side of life.

"michael! my man!" richie created with a big grin on his face taking a step toward him for their handshake.
mike always made richie feel like he was the only person he could know forever. and ben of course!

he didn't return the handshake.
mike looked off today, he was still his loving boy from first glance but he couldn't look richie in the eye.

richie took another step toward him.
"mike, you good? you look like your parachute won't open."
mike looked up
"wait that makes no sense. you'd be screaming."

Mike chuckled but his smile faded.
Richie cleared his throat,

"so do you wanna help with the lego deathstar?" he suggested pulling his hand through his curls.

"im hanging out with Bill and Stan somewhere.." mike whispered, tugging on the straps of his overalls. "but i'll catch up with you later?!" he smiled, reaching his hand up to tug at the turtleneck he styled with doc martens.

"sure." richie smiled back turning towers ben who had sat on the living room carpet, using a knife to cut the tape. richie waved mike goodbye and rushed over to ben before he accidentally hurt himself.

the hours passed by like minutes, they were both halfway done with the deathstar by the time it turned 5.
since it was november, the sun set fast and richie knew he'd have to leave.
he said goodbye to ben and his parents, mike hadn't returned home so he assumed he was sleeping over at stan or bills. richie hadn't met stan but he had talked to bill before. something about a rumor of a bailey.. no bethany.. wait it was beverly. whatever, it was something about some girl sleeping with some guys. richie didn't care enough to get into it.
bill and ben seemed to care, though.

richie slipped on his doodled black converse and walked out the front door where he could see may's car headlights in the driveway. she waved and smiled her natural warm smile that made the cold air richie breathed in warmer.

he jumped in the front seat eager to get home, take a shower and get ready to visit eddie. he had no idea what to say but felt as if he knew already.