E I G H T

i spent a lot of time on this one 🥺
(just so y'all know, richie is spiderman right now. he's gonna have total trashmouth energy in the school chapters i promise. thank you for reading! i love youuu)

richie pulled out of the hug, looking eddie in the eyes. he could admit, it was a tad weird being suited up sitting in the middle of eddies room.

but eddie felt comfortable, he wiped the tears off of his face giving a small laugh. it felt so good for him to finally get out his emotions to someone other than himself.

eddie for a portion of his life, was happy. his fathers shoulders like a second seat to him. or watching baseball in the big recliner was an average sunday.

even though eddie wasn't too into sports, he loved watching them with his dad.  he loved doing everything with his dad, until he got sent to the hospital with cancer.
it was so lonely for eddie, he shut his own mother out, staying at the hospital for days just sleeping by his side.
sonia felt as if she lost both boys, she knew she needed to keep eddie 'safe'

eddie would never get on top of his dad's shoulders, or sit in the recliner again because sonia occupies it all.

she refused to let eddie go out to the hospital and kept him cooped up in his room to answer to nobody.

the first time sonia didn't let eddie leave was one of many terrible days in eddies life. he screamed and shouted and banged on the door in hopes she would unlock it.
sonia never did, he never got to see his dad alive again. it crushed him to know that.

for the past three years of false protection, eddie kept to himself. never playing outside, going to the park or roller rink or diner for there would be 'to much bacteria.' sonia's words.

"i'm sorry for crying onto your suit." eddie smiled.
richie didn't care, he wouldn't mind if eddies tears got onto a suit that would deteriorate in water. he wants eddie to open up to him more, but he couldn't pressure eddie.
richie gave a small laugh and stood up. he holds out his hand for eddie to take, instantly richie felt eddies warm hand on top of his.

"that's okay eds." richie kept eddies hand on his and lead him to the window. "don't call me th-"
"where's your favorite place in new york city?" richie cut him off.

"i.. i don't know. i don't get out much." eddie confessed, trying to back away from the window. richie tightened his grip slightly, giving eddie time reassurance that eddie didn't back away from.

"that's okay. can i take you to one of my favorite spots?" richie asked

eddie nodded, climbing out the window with richie. he jumped onto his back and wrapped his arms and legs around him just like he had the night before. richie put his hand around eddies waist for more support. he wasn't nervous about the ride, or eddie falling. no, he was nervous about the spot.

***

swing after swing eddies grip grew tighter, scared to open his eyes. he kept them shut, buried in between spider-man's shoulder and his neck. 
eddie didn't want to look, eddie feared opening his eyes and being inches away from the ground. but when he must up enough courage to look he saw buildings and buildings below him. it was truly beautiful.

eddie smiles and rested his chin onto spider-man's shoulder, feeling the wind pull back his hair. it was cold but, with spider-man there, he felt warm anyway. 

suddenly the ride stops as richie lands at the top of a building and helped eddie climb down. richie made his way over to the edge, sitting down. he pat the space next to him as a signal for eddie to sit with him.

"this place only became special to me yesterday." richie smiled and turned to eddie.
his eyes were somewhere else.

"that's the.. that's the building i-" eddies voice shaked.

"yeah. yeah, it is. i was sitting right here when i saw you." richie laid down on his back.

"than why is this your favorite spot?" eddie asked tears forming.

"because.. if i hadn't been here, you would've died and i would have never met you." eddie laid down as well, richie could see a tear slowly fall down his cheek but he quickly wiped it.

"yeah. that makes sense. i'm sorry i jumped and you had to save me." he laughed slightly.
"woah no! you do not have to apologize for jumping and i'm happy i saved you. the world is cruel, i understand you just wanted to get away but if you hadn't jumped i wouldn't have met you. you're really important to me now, eds." he said while rolling over to ave eddie.

"thanks chee." eddie smiled

"chee?"

"yeah." eddie rolled over too "i can have a nickname for you too can't i? other than spidey, of course."

richie smiled "of course spagetti."

"shut up" he smiled, rolling onto his back to look at the stars.

richie did the same. they sat in comfortable silence.

***

richie took eddie home at one thirty. the swing back felt shorter than normal, even when richie tried to make is slower to spend more time with eddie on his back. but alas, the buildings turned to houses and then, eddies house. he landed on his side roof, helping eddie off.

"thank you, for tonight spiderman."
eddie smiled and lifted his hands up to riches neck.

"wait." he grabbed eddies hand lightly "what're you doing? i cant show you who i am, you could tell someone or accidentally call the real me spidey. i- we cant risk it." richie sighed.

"no, i know. i just want to kiss your bare cheek if that's okay." eddie smiled, he understood that spiderman would want to keep his identity.

eddies hands run up his neck rigging at the mask lifting it up slightly. eddie lifted his left side up. richie cheek felt the cold wind and then the warmth of eddies lips. he smiled and eddie finally saw how richies cheeks grew when he smiled, he didn't just know it was there.. he had seen it.

eddie pulled the mask down, turning around to climb in his window. the pink on his cheeks could be easily noticed.

"i had fun tonight, eds." richie stated.

"don't call me that." eddie frowned pink turning to red.

"how about i come every friday, to hang out?"

"i'd love that chee."

"great." richie turned to swing away, eddie shut his window.

LMAO I JUST SEARCHED UP WHAT CHEE MEANT AAAAHAHAHAHHAJAJA IM NOT CHANGING IT LMAOLMAO