Chapter 20 - First date things

Narrator's POV

"Good morning Sugar, are you ready for your date?" Dani said in a teasing tone as she skipped into the kitchen to grab a quick snack.

Lauren was sitting by the kitchen island, busy scrolling through Pinterest for any cute outfit ideas. She was so focused that she didn't even hear her youngest sister talking to her.

Dani looked at the raven-haired girl curiously before peeking at what she's looking at at the laptop. She gasped. "You don't even know what you're gonna wear yet?"

"No, I don't," she huffed out in frustration. And that's when she realized that Dani has had entered the kitchen too. "Wait, since when are you here?!"

The younger sister shook her head at her. "Not important right now," she said as she grabbed both of Lauren's shoulders and spun her around in her chair so that she was facing her. "Who are you and what have you done with Lauren?" Even just for a normal school day, her sister would've had her outfit all planned out and put together the night before, and now you're telling her that she still doesn't know what's she gonna wear for her date that's in less than two hours. Practically impossible.

Lauren rolled her eyes and just swatted her hands off of her. "Annoy me later, I'm busy right now."

"Annoy you?" Dani repeated as she faked being offended. "Honey, I'm here to help you."

"Oh please," the raven-haired girl said as she turned back around to her laptop again.

The younger sister went to the other side of the island to catch Lauren's attention again. "No, I'm serious. I can help you choose an outfit. I'm a pro in this, trust me."

Lauren looked at her with raised eyebrows, not sure if she should trust her sister on this. Well, she didn't have much of a choice because before she could let another word out, Dani has already dragged her out of her chair and pushed her up to the stairs and into her room.

"Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, get your butts out here. It's time for operation 'Get Lauren Ready For Her Date'!" the younger sister yelled out as she passed by each separate sister's room.

"Very creative on that name," Lauren commented with a chuckle as Dani pushed her towards the bathroom.

She flipped her hair dramatically at that sarcasm. "I know."

After a few moments, the sister all gathered in Lauren's room and was digging in her closet. The five of them were just throwing around all of her clothes, examining the possible choices. "Okay, there are too many people in here, one of you help Lauren with her makeup or something," Christina huffed out as she got pressed into the racks because of the lack of space. 

"I'll do it," Lisa offered and squeezed herself out there. 

She then walked into the bathroom, where Lauren was. "Need any help with the makeup?"

"Nah, I got it..." Lauren mumbled out as she leaned real close to the mirror, trying to fix her eyeliner. 

The older sister shook her head to herself. "C'mere, turn around."

Lauren sighed before following that order. Lisa gently grabbed her chin to tilt her head up as she tried to fix it with a Q-tip before re-applying again. "So... you excited for your first date?"

The raven-haired girl studied her sister's expression as she hummed in response. 

Lisa dropped her hand and sighed. "I'm really fine, don't worry."

"I didn't say anything," Lauren exclaimed as she held her hands up in an act of surrender.

"Well, you're literally frowning really hard just now."