Chapter 37 - "I feel attacked"

Narrator's POV

"I think you done messed up," Dani said as she wrapped an arm around the music producer's shoulder.

Y/N turned to look at her and sighed. She shifted her gaze back to Lauren in the recording booth. The raven-haired girl was currently singing her heart out for her solos in the song and pretty much the entire song's background vocals.

If What Kind Of Girl didn't sound like a diss track before, it sure as hell does now.

Even though that except for Dani, no one knows what had happened between them the past couple of days (mainly her conversation with Dinah), that still hadn't stopped all the sisters to sense the song was aimed at her.

When she said the biggest difference between high school Lauren and the Lauren now is that she's gotten a lot more savage, she didn't think she was able to reach this level of 'don't you dare to mess with me'-kinda energy and sass. This really had gotten to an entirely new level.

"What have you even done to have Lauren write a song like this?" Lisa asked with raised eyebrows. She was currently instructing the raven-haired sister how to adjust her tone a little to suit the harmonies more but she was just too blown away with the way Lauren was singing to not ask about it. Her younger sister seemed to be having this inner flame burning inside of her while recording this song.

Y/N licked her lips nervously as she glanced at Lauren in the recording booth again. "What makes you think this song is about me?"

It got quiet after her answer so the music producer turned to the sisters to see why they're not talking. They were all looking at her with a poker face and basically saying they don't buy her bullshit.

"Okay, fine. I might've said that I was cool being a thing or whatever with her," the Y/E/C-eyed girl admitted, nodding towards the raven-haired sister.

"You said what?!" Christina yelled out as she pushed herself off her seat and charged at the music producer.

Y/N quickly held out her hands in front of her to sort calm her down and leave some distance between them. "Chill--"

"Oh, never tell a woman to chill when she's mad," the eldest sister said, shaking her head. 

"Especially if that woman happens to be Christina," Amy added from the sidelines before leaning back into her seat. 

The Y/E/C-eyed girl definitely wasn't kidding when she said she still thought Christina was scary. This woman was intimidating the shit out of right now, and she's not even doing anything yet. She was just... hovering over her dangerously right now. 

"Look, uh..." Y/N started, but then realized that she had no clue what she could possibly say to defend herself. 

Luckily, Lisa came to her rescue. "Christina, get in the booth, it's your turn to record your vocals," the blue-haired sister said as she called for Lauren to come out now. Y/N immediately shot her a grateful smile, which she gladly returned. 

Christina glared at the Y/E/C-eyed girl hard before strutting to the booth. Nobody's allowed to hurt her baby sisters in the first place, and now this girl right here is doing it over and over again. One of these days, she's really gonna teach her a good lesson to not mess with any of her siblings ever again. She's really lucky that she's their music producer now because otherwise, she really can't promise what she would've done to her right here, right now. 

Y/N could really sense how mad the eldest Cimorelli sister was at her and shrunk back in her seat once the girl walked away again. 

And now it was Lauren's turn to approach her.