Chapter 28 (Lilla)

I follow Jason to the bus that Chevel is standing in front of. I have broken up with Garfield twice today, and I don't intend on getting back together for the rest of the day. Nobody is allowed to embarrass me on an airplane. Nobody!

Unfortunately, Ryan follows us. Yay. He stops and introduces himself to Chevel.

"Can you keep him under control?" I ask Jason as we take our seats.

"In order to do that," says Jason. "I'd have to keep Cole under control as well. So no."

Ryan sits in the front of the bus, next to Chevel.

"Isn't she a little old for him?" I wonder aloud.

"I'll ask," says Becky, who is sitting across from me.

"Rebekah!" Says Michael from the seat behind her.

"Michael Blake!" She responds in the same tone. Everyone on the bus begins to imitate them and call everyone by their full name.

"What's my middle name?" I ask Jason.

"Grace," he answers confidently.

"Good!" I say. "We can still be friends."

"What's mine?" He asks.

"Anthony," I say. "You and your siblings all have Italian names because of your Italian grandma."

"Correct!" He says happily.

"Then how come you look like Shawn Mendes?" Says Journey, who is sitting in front of us. She's turned around to face us. "Shawn is Portuguese," she adds.

"I thought he was Canadian," Cole says from the seat next to her. He's not wrong.

"Cole," says Journey. "You need to stop hanging around, Ryan."

"How in the world am I supposed to know the answer to that?" Jason responds to Journey's previous question.

"It's probably his hair," I say, ruffling Jason's dark curls.

"Okay, that's enough," he says, removing my arm.

"Are you all about done?" Chevel asks loudly. The whole bus falls silent.

"How old are you?" Becky asks, and the rest of us groan.

"Eighteen," says Chevel.

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Alright, that's okay."

"What's okay?" Chevel asks.

"Absolutely nothing!" I say brightly. "My life is a mess!"

"Amen," says Cole.

"O-okay," says Chevel, looking confused. "I'm going to start the tour now."

"Nice save," Jason says sarcastically as Chevel goes over the plan for today.

                                                                                ***