Chapter 29 (Mitchell)

Ryan's maturity is already getting old. I literally have no one to hang out with at Clifton Hill. Spencer is glued to Kate's side, and Bridget randomly decided to get to know Lauren.

"Hiya Mitchell!" Marco says, holding a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I guess this is who I get today. "I need a new partner for miniature golf because Bridget needed 'girl time.'" He uses finger quotes.

"I think that might've been an excuse to get away from you," Liam says to Marco as he strolls over to us.

"No," Marco seethes, looking down on the ground.

"I miss Calvin," Liam says sadly.

"I don't," I say. "He was mean."

"Eh, he had his moments," says Marco. He sticks his finger into the ice cream and sucks it on his finger for a second. "Absolutely scrumptious."

"Gross! That was revolting to watch!" Says Liam. Marco holds up a spoon, which Liam takes, and begins to dig into the ice cream eagerly.

"Now that my hands are free," Marco turns to me. "Would you like a piece of gum?"

"Sure!" I say. He hands me a piece, which I unwrap and pop into my mouth. He stares at me expectantly as I chew.

"Why can't you just be grateful for once in your life?" He cries, looking as though he's on the verge of tears.

"I think you were supposed to say thank you," Liam informs me.

I'm going to find someone else to hang out with. I spot Spencer in front of a restaurant with Kate, of course.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask casually.

"We're trying to figure that out," says Spencer. Kate is holding a map.

"We could do one of the museums," I suggest. Kate raises her eyebrows when I say, "we." I see how it is.

A little Indian boy, who looks about nine, is watching us. I try to ignore his uncomfortable presence and instead give Spencer my best glare for breaking bro code. Again.

"Hello, Mitchell!" A childlike Indian accent says. I whip my head around.

"How do you know my-" The kid has disappeared.

"Did you guys see that?" I ask Spencer and Kate.

"See what?" Spencer asks, looking confused. Oh no! I'm seeing ghosts!

"I need to get out of here!" I say. I run as fast as I can until I nearly knock over Garfield.

"Watch where you're going, doofus!" Jack exclaims.

"I was!" I say. "Garfield was just in the way!"

"Oh really?" Says Jack. "What do you have to say about that, bro?" He asks Garfield.

"Look, there's Bridget," Garfield says enthusiastically. Jack takes off sprinting towards where Garfield pointed.

"So, do you want to go on the rollercoaster simulation?" Garfield gestures to the building we're standing in front of.

"Why not?" I say, shrugging. It's not like I have anything better to do.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" I ask Garfield as we get situated in our seats. "This might be too much for you."

"Please!" Says Garfield. "I'll be fine!"

Immediately after the simulation, Garfield rushes to the nearest trash can.