Five Years Too Much

When she was just a girl she expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of
Para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise
Every time she closed her eyes
- Paradise, Coldplay

When she was just a girl she expected the worldBut it flew away from her reachSo she ran away in her sleep and dreamed ofPara-para-paradise, para-para-paradise, para-para-paradiseEvery time she closed her eyes- Paradise, Coldplay

I never knew how tired I was until Tony started to drive. He was talking about the time machine, the suit for Pepper, and other stuff but as I looked out the window I felt my eyes getting droopy until I actually fell asleep.

"I didn't mean to ignore you. I was just...busy with school and other stuff."

"Like building your Lego Death Star?"

Why do I feel so angry? Why should I care if he's been ignoring me?

Because you love him, you old goof!

"No! I - I..." he stammered.

I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "You know what? Maybe I shouldn't have come here. I'm not here to be a babysitter. I'll just call Happy and he could come and watch you." I went around him and walked towards the door.

"Wait, Raven," Peter started as he grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry. It's just that with everything that happened with Mr. Stark. I thought you might be mad at me."

But you're not!

"We all make mistakes. Not every hero is perfect. Tony makes mistakes. I make mistakes. You were just trying to help the little guy. Be the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Doing all of that while keeping your identity a secret. I might be mad at you, but I'd get over it."

'Cause you can't stay mad at him.

"Why?" he whispered. "I've seen you hold a grudge with others, but you're willing to forgive me so easily. I just want to know why?"

"Cause," I started. I tried to think of a good reason. I really did. But nothing was popping into my mind. I shook my head. "I don't know. And I'm a bit surprised that you still want to talk to me. People find me weird and unusual so they stay away. They think I'm creepy."

"I never thought you were creepy. You're just being you." Peter was getting nervous. He released my arm before rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "That's why. That's why I - I like you."

I shook my head. "That's not possible."

"It's true." Peter bit his lip while looking at me nervously. "I've liked you for a while now. Ever since you and Mr. Stark came into my apartment. I thought it might go away, but when I heard you laugh...I don't know. I never heard anyone laugh like that. I actually love the way you laugh, so when Mr. Stark ran in and said that you were actually laughing it took me by surprise.