Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart

I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Thank you for all you've done
Forgive all your mistakes
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I wanna call you
But I know you won't be there
- Hurt, Christina Aguilera

I would hold you in my armsI would take the pain awayThank you for all you've doneForgive all your mistakesThere's nothing I wouldn't doTo hear your voice againSometimes I wanna call youBut I know you won't be there- Hurt, Christina Aguilera

It was the day of the funeral. It wasn't just some funeral where all of the employees from Stark Industry and all his fans could come. It was just a small funeral with just Tony's family: the Avengers, Ex Titans, Harley, Pepper, and Morgan. Pepper found a small recorded message from Tony's helmet and wanted all of us to watch it. By us, it was me, Rhodey, her and Morgan, and Happy. Pepper thought it would be a good idea for Peter to join us. I didn't argue with her on that. I need him right now. I had Morgan on my lap with Peter next to me. Pepper sat on my otherside with her arm around me. My chest began clenching as Tony's hologram popped up.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right?" he began. "But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time.

"I'm hoping if you play this back...it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing.

"God, what a world. Universe, now.

"If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse...that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in."

Tony's hologram moved around so he could get more comfortable in his chair. Morgan held on to me tightly as I reached over and grabbed Peter's hand.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting...In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's - it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end."

Tony suddenly got up and walked towards his camera.

"What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

He leaned down and was looking straight at Morgan. He had a small smile on his face as he finished off with, "I love you 3,000."

The recording died after that. Pepper let out a sad breath before she grabbed Morgan from me. I went over and grabbed the wreath from the table, being very careful not to ruin it. Right as I grabbed it the small voice appeared inside my head.

Let me out.

The voice grew louder and louder, making my head hurt. I let out a small gasp as I clutched my head with my free hand.

Let me out.

 Let me out.

Let me out!

I nearly jumped when Peter placed his hand on my shoulder. "You ok, Raven?" he asked. The voice in my head not quieting down.

I nodded anyway. "Yeah," I lied before handing Pepper the wreath.

Pepper gave me a tight hug before grabbing Morgan's hand and walked outside. I looked at Peter and gave him a sad smile before grabbing his hand.

Let me out!

I ignored the voice in my head as we walked outside. Just as my foot went through the threshold, I heard this loud frequency in my head. I shut my eyes as I let Peter guide me through the small crowd.

Let me out!

Let me out!

My eyes were getting blurry every time I opened them. The high frequency was getting louder with each step. Tears were streaming down my face as May pulled me into a tight hug. We turned back around as Pepper gently placed the wreath in the water.

It wasn't just any wreath though. There was Tony's arc that was in his chest. It was around a small silver plate with the words engraved Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart.

I couldn't take it anymore. The pain. The heartache. I shut my eyes again as I slowly let go of Peter's hand. He looked at me and all I could do was kiss his cheek before I found myself walking away from him. From everyone. I let my head hung low as the high frequency increased followed by that pounding in my head. I took off to the sky until I was somewhere deep in the woods where no one could find me. I held on to the tree as my breathing came out rigid. I shut my eyes while holding the side of my head.

"Why do I keep losing everyone I love?" I whispered.

Tony's eyes were soft. His mouth flew open but he wasn't sure what to say. He rubbed my shoulder and finally decided to say, "You haven't lost everyone. You still have Ms. Potts. And you have me."

"Promise?"

Tony gave me a sad smile. "I'm not going to leave. Not anytime soon."

He promised he wouldn't leave me. Tony promised he wouldn't but he broke it. I tried to calm my breathing but the voice in my head kept going. Calling him a liar. Saying that he's the worst father. That it's good he's gone. I groaned as I clutched my head as all my memories with me and Tony played. All the good memories we shared were being sucked up into this dark abyss.

Tony smiled as me as he kissed the top of my head. "I love you 3,000."

That's when my heart stopped. My breathing came to a halt. All that pain disappeared along with the voice. I lowered my hands as I regained my breath. A small smirk grew on my face before I slowly opened my eyes. They weren't my usual color or white.

They were bright red.

》》》》

A/N: Raven finally snapped!