I Regret Coming Here

It's time for me to take it
I'm the boss right now
Not gonna fake it
Not when you go down
'Cause this is my game
And you better come to play
I used to hold my freak back
Now I'm letting go
I make my own choice
Bitch, I run this show
So leave the lights on
No, you can't make me behave
- Confident, Demi Lovato

It's time for me to take itI'm the boss right nowNot gonna fake itNot when you go down'Cause this is my gameAnd you better come to playI used to hold my freak backNow I'm letting goI make my own choiceBitch, I run this showSo leave the lights onNo...

I should have left the moment Peter started running towards me. I could see that stupid relief on his face. He almost crashed into another student. I should have made that my escape but I found myself planted on the ground. Part of me felt annoyed at the situation and that other part made my smile on the inside because he cares. Peter crashed into me and wrapped his arms around my neck before nuzzling into it.

"Raven," he said happily.

I stood there with no emotion and patted his back. "Hey, Peter," I mumbled. I looked back and saw Ned finally catching up with us. "Ned."

"Hey, Rach," he greeted. "Great to have you back."

"Likewise."

Peter released me before grabbing my hand and began dragging me away from the students with Ned following. He took us to an empty classroom and closed the door after Ned came in. I turned around and sat on the desk with my arms crossed, getting ready for them to start blasting me with their questions that I know are coming. Except, it was taking a bit longer because Peter had his mouth open and closed a few times. Ned looked like he was ready for me to slap both of them for wasting my time. They didn't know how to start this conversation.

"What?" I snapped. I gave the guys a look. "Go ahead and just ask me already."

"Where were you?" Peter asked. "I haven't heard from you in three weeks. I called Mrs. Stark and she hasn't heard from you. Then I asked Happy and -"

"You've made your boyfriend scared is what he's trying to say," Ned clarified. "You ditched everyone at the funeral, you haven't responded to anyone's messages, then you show up out of nowhere -"

"I had to come back to school," I cut him off. "They signed me up for a reason. Might as well finish it." I gave them pointed looks. "And I don't need anyone giving me pity looks." Peter opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off with a glare. "And I especially don't need anyone asking me if I'm ok."

Ned nodded with a small grin. "The cards on your locker were too much?" He tapped Peter on his arm. "Told you we should have taken half off."

"With all those people staring at us?" Peter retorted. "Do you have any idea how bad it looks if we do that? People did so much hard work on putting those cards up and decorating her locker -"

Ned motioned to me. "Why does it matter? She took them off anyway."

I rolled my eyes before getting up. They're really wasting my time. I don't need this. And the more I stay here with them, the angrier I got because they won't leave me alone. Peace and quiet is all I want. Maybe I shouldn't have come back. Is it too late to switch schools?