Natasha and the New Gauntlet

We laughed at the darkness
So scared that we lost it
We stood on the ceilings
You showed me love was all you needed
Heaven couldn't wait for you
Oh, Heaven couldn't wait for you
- Heaven, Beyonce

We laughed at the darknessSo scared that we lost itWe stood on the ceilingsYou showed me love was all you neededHeaven couldn't wait for youHeaven couldn't wait for youOh, Heaven couldn't wait for you- Heaven, Beyonce

Banner and I clicked on our watches and were suddenly hurled back into the present. We grew back to our original form before we stood on the platform. I felt a bit dizzy but I pushed that feeling aside as excitement bubbled inside of me.

"Did we get 'em all?" Banner asked. We each held up the stones.

Rhodey smiled as he held up the small ball that contained the Power Stone. "Are you telling me this actually worked?"

I heard a thump next to me and turned my head to see Clint kneeling down. His eyes were puffy as his cheeks were stained with dry tears. Then I suddenly realize that Natasha wasn't next to him. Actually, she wasn't even in the same room.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Banner asked.

Clint didn't say anything but just stare. His eyes started to get watery again which made me think the worst. Nat - Nat's dead. Wh - Wha...Why...H...What? She can't be dead. She was supposed to be here when we bring everyone back.

Immediately, my eyes went to Terra. That ache became hatred as I marched over to her.

"You did this," I sneered. Terra must have done something to make sure Nat's dead. Tony gave the briefcase to Cap and rushed over to hold me back.

Clint shook her head as he glanced at me. "It wasn't her." He shook his head again. "It wasn't."

》》》》

It was just me, Tony, Steve, Banner, Thor, and Clint outside of the Avengers headquarters. Out by the lake, while Clint told us how Nat died. One of them had to sacrifice something they loved and the two best friends clearly loved each other. Both wanted to risk their own lives so the others could be saved. Clint was about to jump off but Natasha fought for him to stay alive because of his family. My head was in my hand as I tried to process all of this. We were supposed to bring people back to life, not...not having Natasha sacrificing herself.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked.

Steve nodded. "Yeah. Us."

Thor raised his brow as he got close to us. "What?" he asked confusingly. The tone stating why we're even talking about this.

"Huh?" Tony questioned.

"What are you doing?"

Tony looked at the god. "I just asked him a question–

"Yeah, no,  you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones...Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? Or Raven might have some sort of resurrection spell to bring her back." Thor was getting angrier. "So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."