Where Were You?

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
- You Raise Me Up, Josh Groban

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so wearyWhen troubles come, and my heart burdened beThen, I am still and wait here in the silenceUntil you come and sit awhile with meYou raise me up, so I can stand on mountainsYou raise me up to walk on stormy s...

It turns out that our saviors are Starfire and this girl name Carol Danvers. Carol was taking the ship back to Earth while Starfire told me what was going on before the snap. She and the team were fighting The Hive until everyone stopped. Mammoth looked at his hands before his body started to turn to dust. Soon the rest of The Hive followed, along with Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. They all turned to dust and she didn't understand why.  So it wasn't just Peter and Strange but I've lost most of the Titans as well.

When I didn't respond, that's when Starfire knew there was something wrong. She asked me if I was ok and that's when I started crying again and told her what happened with Peter. 

I'm sorry.

Starfire did what she could to comfort me. She pulled me into a side hug while I silently cried on her shoulders. That was what we did most of the way back until Carol finally set the ship down in front of the Avengers tower.

"You ok to stand?" Starfire asked. I shook my head. Starfire wrapped my arm around her as she picked me up. Good thing, too, because I felt my legs give out.

Nebula grabbed Tony and we were finally making our way out. The cold night air hitting my face as Cap ran towards us. He grabbed Tony from Nebula and tried to grab me but Starfire held me close and glared at him. Steve was about to say something but he took a glance at me and noticed my tear-stained cheeks.

"Couldn't stop him," Tony panted.

"Neither could I," he said. He gave Tony a concerned look. "Is Raven ok?"

Tony looked at me as my vision became blurry again. "We lost the kid."

I shut my eyes tight as I tried not to cry again. I hate crying, but the pain is too much for me to bear. I even hate letting out a choked sob in front of everyone.

"Tony, we lost," Steve said.

"Is...uh..." Tony started. I heard someone running. "Oh, good."

"Oh, my God," I heard Pepper cry before I assume she hugged Tony again. "Oh, my God!"

"It's ok."

Then I heard someone running again. "Raven?" I heard Pepper.

"Raven is the upset," Starfire answered for me. I slowly opened my eyes. Pepper had tears in her eyes as her mouth flew open.

"Oh, my God," Pepper breathed before I pulled away from Starfire to hug her. Pepper held me tight as I started to cry again. "Come on, let's get you inside."