I Love You 3000

I had a dream
I got everything I wanted
But when I wake up, I see
You with me
And you say,
"As long as I'm here
No one can hurt you
Don't wanna lie here
But you can learn to
If I could change
The way that you see yourself
You wouldn't wonder why you're here
They don't deserve you"
- Everything I Wanted, Billie Eilish

I had a dreamI got everything I wantedBut when I wake up, I seeYou with meAnd you say, "As long as I'm hereNo one can hurt youDon't wanna lie hereBut you can learn toIf I could changeThe way that you see yourselfYou wouldn't wonder why you're here...

Tony and I have spent the better part of the night putting together the time machine. Let's say this does work and we go back in time to get the Infinity Stones. There's a small chance that we could bring Peter and everyone else back and we would be too stupid to not to try. To have a little bit of hope. I thought Thor cutting Thanos's head off would have made me feel better but I was a wreck. I never thought I would ever feel such excruciating pain in my life.

"Is this it?" I asked as Tony pulled up the small hologram.

"Maybe. Let's just see if it checks out. One last sim before we pack it in," he said as he switched the blueprints of the time machine. This time he spoke to Friday. "This time, in the shape of a Mobius strip, inverted, please."

"Processing," Friday said as she switched the blueprints so they formed the actual machine.

I tilted my head to the side as I started to tinker with it. "How about we have the eigenvalue factoring in spectral decomp."

"Just a moment."

Tony started to nod his head as Friday remodeled...well the model. "And don't worry if it doesn't pan out. We're just kinda..." he trailed off.

"Model rendered."

Tony grabbed some more blueberries from the bag as we waited. Friday did a quick scan before we found out that the model was successful. My mouth flew open as Tony fell back into his seat. Oh, my god. Does this mean...

"Shit!" Tony and I exclaimed. I let out a happy laugh before I wrapped my arms around Tony. Yes, it could work! It will work!

"Shit," we heard Morgan repeat from behind.

I jumped in surprise before Tony and I turned around to find Morgan sitting on the stairs wearing my old cape. Tony placed his fingers in front of his mouth to tell her to shush before we wake Pepper up.

"What are you doing up, little miss?" Tony whispered.

"Shit," Morgan repeated.

I gave Tony a look. "Look what you did," I said before walked over to Morgan. "We don't say that here. Only Mommy says that word." I picked her up. "And why are you wearing my old cape?"

"I wanted to play superhero. Just like you and Daddy." I gave her a small smile before pulling the hood down. "Why are you up?"

"'Cause we've got some important shit going on here! What do you think?" Tony half-joked with her. I shook my head at him before my tendrils came out and smacked Tony on the back of his head. "Ow!" Morgan started to laugh before she tilted her head to the side with her brows scrunched up. "No, Daddy and Rae Rae's got something on their mind. We've got something on our mind."