Chapter 94- Cuddles

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013

I wipe my tears on my sleeve and glance at Abel, who smiles sadly. Hell's Kitchen lost some of it's light when Red stepped out of those doors.

"My final four. Take a moment to ruminate on how it feels to stand where you are." Gordon takes a deep breath. "There is nothing like it. I promise, it only gets more intense from here. You'll feel things you never thought possible, you'll push yourself to and past limits you didn't know you had, and you'll pour your heart and soul out for the world to see."

His icy blue eyes bore into mine, conferring his true meaning. My breath hitches. Five more days and our secret will be out. Five more days I'll face an unrelenting storm of drama-thirsty media. No one has outed themselves as polyamorous on television, much less in front of a live audience, much less while already married. This moment has been in the back of my mind since Gordon suggested it, but now it feels real. It feels dangerous, like a predator whose eyes you can feel stalking you but lurks just out of sight. We have no idea how the world will respond to us, but I'm almost certain it won't be positive.

I had my first taste of the paparazzi's thirst for drama when I saw the tabloid. The interview team will have seen it by now. I wonder if they've harassed Gordon about it yet. There's no way Janice hasn't been hounding him ever since she saw the gossip. I'll have to ask him what went on when I get a second alone with him, which will be even more difficult if Janice suspects me as his 'affair' partner.

"Ladies and gentle-man," Gordon enunciates the 'man' with a smile. "Get some good rest tonight because tomorrow we have a flight to catch!"

"Oh shit! Are you serious?" Bella squeals, her eyes widening into saucers.

"Quite serious, darling. We'll be headed to none other than Las Vegas to stay in the amazing Paris hotel!" He grins as we take in the announcement.

Vegas? Glitzy, glamorous, star-studded, party-city Vegas? And we'll be staying at the hotel that houses 'Gordon Ramsay Steak'? My face lights up as I match Gordon's grin. I lean into Abel cheerfully and he wraps an arm around my waist, squeezing my side as he keeps his eyes on Gordon.

"But don't think it'll all be fun and games," Gordon pauses. "Before the flight, you'll need to prepare one small breakfast portion for each of the fifty passengers in first class. I'll go ahead and tell you, the person whose dish has the most positive rating will get double the spending money and their choice of room in the presidential suite I've booked for all of you."

"Woohoo! I've always wanted to go to Vegas!" Bella shouts, fist-pumping both her arms rapidly. "Oh shit, but fuck–" Her hands fly down to her stomach. "No alcohol, no smoking..." She groans. "Chef, can I save my ticket for nine months from now?"

"Sorry, Bella. One time only." Gordon snickers.

"Great!" She throws her hands up in the air. "I go to Sin City and I can't even sin!"

Taylor leans into Bella's shoulder. "You can still gamble, that's plenty sinful." She waggles her eyebrows.

"Ugh, OK, I guess. I better win, though," she huffs.

"Go on now and get to bed, yeah? You all have a big day ahead of you. The flight is an early one. We will be arriving at the airport before the sun rises. You will only have thirty minutes to cook your portions before on-boarding, so be thinking of the in-flight breakfast you want to provide to the hungry passengers," Gordon rubs his hands together. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Chef!" We turn back toward our dorms.

"Hey, Abel?" I say as we trail behind Bella and Taylor, just out of earshot.