*Chapter 101- Pillow Talk

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Abel pushes the door open and peers out down the hallway. With a nod, he signals the coast is clear and we step across the hallway into the bathroom. The room splits into two doorways, one leading towards a shower and the other towards a bathtub. The bath calls to me, but Gordon did say we needed to sleep and I always end up in the tub longer than anticipated.

The shower room has brown marble tiling leading up to a large shower where the tiles continue up the walls. Abel turns on the showerhead and while we wait for the water to heat, he pulls me against his chest.

"Are you excited for the end of the show soon?" He asks, petting the back of my head gently.

"More excited and nervous than I've ever been. I can't believe it's almost over. Feels like we've been here forever."

"I wouldn't mind staying here forever with you." He smiles, reaching into the shower and testing the water. "It's warm. Go on." He takes my hand and helps me in before stepping in after me and sliding the glass door closed.

The suite is nice enough to provide us with multiple different shampoo and conditioner bottles. He lathers his hair while the water cascades down his body, twirling into the drain.

I work the shampoo into my hair and rinse it out below the water stream. When I finish, I reach out and rest my hands on Abel's chest, suds collecting between my fingers.

"Your hair looks so different when it's wet," I giggle.

"Oh yeah? What do you think?" He asks, running his fingers through his locks from the front charmingly.

I study his appearance. When his hair is wet and un-styled, it parts at the center and hangs down. From between the loose strands, his sharp eyes watch me, sparkling with curiosity. Beneath his high cheekbones, the start of blond stubble lines his jaw.

"I like it," I say as I trace my finger down the partition of his lean abs.

"Thank you, (Y/N). I like the way you look when you're wet, too." He rests his hands on my hips with a coy smile.

Abel leans in, kissing the nape of my neck. When he draws back, his expression changes from flirtatious to serious in the blink of an eye. "If we are the final two, you won't be upset with me when I give it my all, will you?"

I shake my head. "No way. If I win, I want to win fairly. Gordon hasn't given me any concessions and I don't want you to either."

He cocks his head to the side. "I wasn't going to give you an easy ride, baby. I wanted to know how angry you'll be with me when my door opens," he says, a mischievous grin on his lips.

I gasp exaggeratedly, splashing some water at him. "And all this time I thought you were a gentleman!"

"I am a gentleman; I'm preparing to comfort you in your loss." He runs his hands down and squeezes my behind playfully.

"Well, considering your door will be the one locked, I'll be ready with a box of tissues." I stick my tongue out.

"Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. That's my job." He pulls me by my butt towards him, our bodies pressing together under the warm water and shaking with laughter. When our laughs die down, I wrap my arms around his back, squeezing him tight.

"Taylor said something about this a while ago, 'competing against a boyfriend doesn't always end up pretty.' But you and I are stronger than letting competition come between us, right?" I look to him for his answer.

"Of course, (Y/N). I'm able to separate competition from matters of the heart." He slides his hand up my body and to my cheek, caressing it with the back of his hand. "I love you."