43

Earth sighed as he held the doorknob. This has been his routine before entering his grandma's hospital room, it was because his grandma has been doing the same thing when he enters the room.

"Grandma, hello!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Ow, Mr. Braiser my grandson, your wife is here." She's been doing this for years but Earth is still not used to it and keeps on blushing all the time.

"Grandma!" He yelled. Ben just laughed as he put down the fruits he bought.

"Your stats are stable, grandma. Please rest well, okay?" Ben reminded and was about to go out when the patient held his arm that made him stop his pace.

He looked at her again smiling.

"Can't you marry my son before I die?" She asked almost like begging.

Both of the young men were shocked to hear that, it was a long pause.

"Please?' She asked again.

"W-what are you saying?" Earth asked with disbelief.

"I'm not getting younger, Earth. I know my time is about to stop. I want to be sure that you will be with someone who will take care and protect more than I did. I don't want you to be alone when I'm gone, I know you wouldn't want to be with any of your parents." She explained softly.

"I can protect myself! I'm a grown up, I have a job. I can support myself and I will not allow you to go yet. Stop it!" Earth yelled, frowning. He hates how his grandma acting right now.

"Calm down." Ben said as he tap Earth's back.

Earth brush him off and told him, "You don't understand! Stay out of it!"

Then the Engineer stormed out of the room.

He walked outside and found himself at a playground.

He sat at the swing and let out a deep sigh.

If he could turn back time he would want to. Back those times when he was a child and his grandma was very healthy.

His thoughts were interrupted when Ben suddenly came to him.
The giant squatted so he can look at him closely.

"She's just worried about you." He said.

Earth looked at him and their eyes met.

"I know but I hate that she's been telling me she will go. I don't want her to go." Earth said cracking his voice and is about to cry.

"Is that all?" Ben asked smiling like an idiot.

"What do you mean?" The smaller guy asked, frowning.

"So, you're not mad that she wants you to marry me?" He teased.

Earth then realized it, his face became red in an instant.

"W-what!? That too! Okay? Get out of my way!" Earth yelled as he try to go but Ben is clearly bigger and stronger than him so the doctor managed to stop him from escaping.

"Then why are you escaping?" He teased again.

Earth frowned, "Get it straight to me, P' Ben. What do you want?" He asked grumpily.

"I'm just trying to tease you before telling you this." Ben said and the way he said it so serious made Earth feel tense.

"I won't be able to tease you a lot after I fly to states, at the end of the month." Ben hinted.

"What?-- you're flying to states? Are you moving there?" Earth asked shocked to Ben's news.

"Yes, also getting PH.D. there and maybe going to process of moving on." Ben smiled weakly.

Earth's mouth flung open.

"You haven't-- moved on yet? P'Ben they are married for months already. Let go of your feelings for P'Nine." Earth exclaimed. Ben chuckled.

"Just because you already moved on from Pavel does not mean I can do the same. But no, it was not about Nine anymore."

"What?" Earth has been repeating "what" many times already but that's all he can say, processing every information Ben has been throwing out is very difficult to do.

"I already let my feelings for Nine go the moment he said yes to Chen. Remember that night?" Earth froze when Ben suddenly brought that topic.

The day of Chen's proposal to Nine. Ben stood there looking at Nine, the happiest person that night. And he thought, 'damn! I wish it was me.' Pain is written all over his face and that night. Earth witnessed it.

Earth then went to him to comfort the giant because he knew what it feels like to see the person you like being happy with another person.

Earth knew it too well because he did not only see the guy he likes miss the person he loves. He also witnessed how Pavel went all crazy and messed up because he was too hopeless.

Earth sat there with Ben by the shore. In silence, they drunk and pour all their pain out. And then rest was history.

"I'm c-confuse! What the hell are you talking about?" Earth stutters. Denying that he was quick-witted, that he, somehow think he knew where Ben was getting.

Ben flashed a hella manly gummy smile.

"Maybe because I did it to someone who was helpless like I was. I think I bonded with you that night." Earth felt his hands sweat and his heart beats faster.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" Earth gritted his teeth.

"I know you are quick-witted person, I know that you get what I am talking about and I know that if I asked you, if do you feel the same, you would say no. That is why I decided to go far on a bit. Because damn being rejected two times-- I won't be able handle that. It was nice to meet you, i am thankful." Ben did not remove the smile on his face as he turned his back and started to walk away.

Earth closed his fist.

"YOU STUPID PHI! YOU ARE RIGHT! I AM A QUICK-WITTED PERSON AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT BUT HOW DARE YOU LEAVE WHEN YOU FUCKING TOLD ME THOSE?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK ABOUT MY FEELINGS TO CONFIRM THINGS?! YOU BASTARD! YOU SELFISH AIRHEAD!" He yelled on top of his lungs. Ben stopped from walking.

Ben tried to contain his laugh.

"Do I have to admit it? Can't I have like some days to confirm this-- well, fuck you might be gone by that day. Argh! FINE! Just fucking admit it. MAYBE I LIKE YOU A LITTLE!" Earth admitted.

Ben then faced him again with his winning smile.

"YOU CANT TAKE THAT BACK!" Ben exclaimed.

"FINE!" Earth gave up. Ben went to him and gave him a warm hug.

"Then we are a couple now, right?" When Earth heard that he pushed Ben.

"We'll talk if I see your plane tickets get torn. Give me the damn tickets." Earth said with his serious tone.

"Uhhh, actually....."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"GRANDMA!" Earth yelled as he stormed back inside the room.

"HOW DARE YOU SELL YOUR GRANDSON TO THIS GIANT AIRHEAD DOCTOR?!"

"Well, its your fault for looking so obvious that you like my private doctor~~ besides, im old i know you guys like each other for years but your asses are too coward to confess. Don't worry my son, I will be able to see your wedding because I am not allowing anyone even the odds to stop me from seeing that big day!" His grandmas responded as she sips her tea.

"Mygoodness." Earth face palmed.

Ben and his grandma secretly winked to each other.

It was a mission succeed. ;)