Fourty Five

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

Currently working in the office, I scan paperwork with Jaehyun. He explicates how to release more products that will appeal to the public.

Suddenly, a knock on the door causes us to discontinue. "Come in!" I utter.

The door opens, revealing Jimin. This time his guise is different. It isn't cold or emotionless like it usually is — it's more penitent.

"Hey, Taehyung. Can I speak to you about something?" He questions.

I nod. "Yeah sure." I sit up straight in my seat, staring at him in worry.

Jaehyun understands the hint and he stands up. He greets Jimin before exiting the room and closing the door behind him.

Jimin exhales and sits across from Taehyung at his desk. "I really need to get this off my chest. I hate feeling like this."

"Feeling like what? Is everything okay, Jimin?" I ask with concern laced in my tone.

Jimin rakes his fingers through his hair. He sends an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry, Taehyung."

I furrow my eyebrows, perplexed as to why he's apologising. Until I discern that the matter could be about his behaviour towards me for the past five years.

"I'm sorry for being so cold to you. I'm sorry for not telling you about Jae and the twins. You also have to understand where I was coming from. I was mad, in fact enraged because you reneged my promise. Out of all the boys, you're the one that's really close to my heart and I trust you wholeheartedly. But the fact that you hurt Jae, despite promising me that you wouldn't do that to her, really broke my heart." He explains.

I feel tears brimming, longing to escape any second. "Do you think I wanted to hurt her, Jimin? I despised myself every single time I saw a tear flow down her cheek and all that time she was sad. I refrained myself from doing anything further because she was so precious to me."

"You're saying it as if someone instructed you to hurt her." Jimin replies, with a raised eyebrow.

I stare at him with an indication that his statement is accurate.

His eyes enlarge and he slightly leans towards me. "Wait, someone actually did tell you to?"

"More like forced me to." I correct him, with a tear falling down my cheek.

Jimin's face displays astonishment. He makes his way over to me and embraces me comfortingly, which I lean in to his arms. "Tell me what happened. Every detail from the start. I have all day, I'm all ears."

I sniffle and nod. He sits on my desk, actively listening to every detail of my explanation.

Jimin's expression hasn't changed — he's still astounded. "If I had known about this earlier, Taehyung, I would never have allowed Jae-"