•Chapter 15•

Alyssa'sPOV

I put on a cute but casual outfit for the date. Didn't wanna make my brother or anybody suspicious.

I grabbed my phone and texted Luca, telling him I was on my way. We're meeting at the park but he said he has a place that he wants to take me.

I went downstairs and nobody saw me so I basically snuck out. I walked to the park and saw Luca.

"Hey, beautiful!" Luca said and I giggled.

"Hey." I said and he kissed me.

This doesn't feel right...

We pulled away and I faked a smile.

"Okay! The place I wanna take you is a few blocks away. Do you mind?"

"No! Not at all!" I said and we walked.

LATER THAT NIGHT...

It was around eleven P.M. and I said goodbye to Luca and walked home. My whole walk home, I couldn't stop thinking about Mark.

He had no idea what I was doing and I felt horrible. I love Mark with every bit of my heart and if he finds out about this, he's definitely gonna hate me.

I got back to the hype house and went inside and Mark was in the living room.

"There you are! About time! Where were you!?" Mark asked.

"Why does it matter to you?" I asked.

"Because you're my best friend. I know, I overreacted with the kiss and I'm sorry. It's over with. Just, I need to know where you were. You had me worried sick." He said.

"I was with a friend." I said.

"That's a lie..I know it." Mark said and I couldn't tell him the truth.

"If I tell you the truth, you're gonna hate me." I said.

"I could never hate you." He said.

"I went on a date with Luca." I said.

"Should've known." He said, clearly annoyed.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I'm going to bed. It was a waste staying up for you." Mark said and started going upstairs.

"No it wasn't! I regret it all. The kiss and date. Yes, it was amazing but I honestly hated it if you understand." I said.

"I get it. Look, you're in love with Luca. It's clear. You're just trying to hide the fact you loved it!" Mark said.

"No! Mark! I'm in love with you!" I said.