•Chapter 47•

before we get into the chapter, I just wanna say thank you so much for 20k reads on this book! i'm so thankful and so glad you guys are really enjoying this book! i love you all ❤️

-

Mark'sPOV

A month has gone by and things between me and Alyssa have been amazing. Things are finally back to the way they were. Just better.

Now, prom is two weeks away and I wanna ask Alyssa but I'm literally terrified. What if she says no? I've just been overthinking it so much.

-

Chase, Alex and I were downstairs, playing video games when Alyssa came down.

"Hey, where are you going?" Chase asked Alyssa because she was about to leave.

"Paige's. I'll be back later." She said.

"Alright. Have fun." Chase said and left.

"I need help!" I said.

"With?" Alex asked.

"Prom is coming up and I wanna ask Alyssa but I have no idea what to do for a promposal and I'm terrified that she'll say no." I said.

"I have an idea but you may not like it but here it goes. Get her a promise ring and act like it's a proposal but obviously it's not. I only thought of it because the word 'prom' is in promise." Chase said.

"I guess buying her that promise ring two weeks into our relationship was a good idea then." I said with a smile.

"Bro, why didn't you give it to her then?" Alex asked.

"Well, every time I tried, something came up and then all the drama with Chase and shit went down, so I never did. But of course I kept it." I said.

"Okay! I have an idea! There's string lights in the garage. Let's set them up in the backyard and you get ready and once Alyssa gets back, your asking her to prom tonight or I do it for you!" Chase said.

"Got it." I said.

LATER THAT NIGHT...

I had put on a nice outfit and Chase, Alex, Tony and Ondreaz has set up the lights and made the backyard look beautiful.

But I was also extremely nervous.

"Hey! Alyssa's back!" Tony said as he stood at my door.

"Okay!" I said and went downstairs and into the backyard and Chase had brought her out.

"What the hell is going on?" Alyssa asked.

"Honestly, I don't even know." I said and laughed nervously.

"Ondreaz, get the camera." Chase said.

"Camera?" Alyssa asked.

"Okay. Looks like I'm doing this." I said and got down on one knee. "Okay, before I say anything, this isn't a proposal." I said and Alyssa laughed.

"Then what is it?" She asked.

"A promposal. Alyssa, will you go to prom with me?" I asked and showed her the promise ring.

"Mark...are you serious!?" Alyssa asked.

"I think so." I said and laughed.

"I hate to say this but I'm already going with someone..." Alyssa said.