•Chapter 37•

Alyssa'sPOV

"I hate him so much!" I said.

"I know. So do I. Should've known this was all Chase's plan." Mark said.

"Mark, I'm so sorry." I said.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked.

"Because he's my brother and he would've have done this if I wasn't here. So really, it's my fault." I said.

"Like hell it is! You were just as clueless as me. We were both being fooled and we didn't know it." Mark said.

"I know." I said.

"But I'm gonna be honest, the whole time I was with Paige, I hated it. I was so heartbroken seeing you grow closer to Joshua and I wanted to stop it but I couldn't. But now, it's too late. You're obviously with him and happy." He said.

"Joshua moved to Florida and we broke up. I'm not with him and I wasn't ever happy. I made myself think I was and was in love with him when I wasn't. You're the only guy I'm in love with but how the hell are we gonna be together if I have Chase as my brother." I said.

"I don't see why we can't keep us a secret." Mark said.

"That won't work. People will find out because we'll be close to each other. I think I'm gonna move back to Stockton with my parents and pretend nothing ever happened." I said.

"No! Please don't leave. I don't wanna lose you again. Let's forget about Chase and pretend he doesn't even exist." Mark said.

"Do you realize how hard that's gonna be!?" I asked.

"I think we can do it! Let's try it." Mark said.

"No...Look, I won't leave but I just don't think it's the right time to get back together right now. I mean, we just started getting along again." I said.

"Yeah...you're right." He said.

"I know. We'll just give it some time and once we both feel like actually trying again and starting over. Then, we will. But for now, let's just go back to being friends." I said.

"Alright. I get it." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. Um, you don't have to say it back but I love you." He said and I smiled and walked out of his room and went into mine.

THE NEXT DAY...

-

hey guys!! i just wanna say thank you for 12k reads on this book! i'm so glad you guys are enjoying it! it means a lot! i'm also updating twice, MAYBE THREE TIMES today ❤️