•Chapter 61•

with today being Mark's birthday, i could not update!! so, here's an update for you guys!! also, update on myself, i'm doing well and feeling better. i love you guys and please stay safe!! ❤️

---

Alyssa'sPOV

Mark leaves to go back to Connecticut today and honestly, I'm a bit sad but he'll be back before I know it.

-

Chase had offered to drive Mark to the airport and of course I rode along and so did Charli.

"This is the first time you've been away from each other, right?" Chase asked.

"Yup!" Mark and I said at the same time.

"Looks like Alyssa's gonna be kissing her stuffed animals like she used to when she was younger." Chase said and Charli started laughing and Mark tried not to laugh.

"Shut up!" I said and the three of them were laughing except for me. "You know what! When Chase was younger, he had a picture-"

"Don't even say it!" Chase yelled.

"He had a picture of his best friend's mom and used to kiss that." I said and we all laughed except for him.

"Imma just yeet myself out of this car right now." Chase said.

"Byeee! Absolutely no one will miss you." I said.

"Screw you." Chase said and I laughed.

AT THE AIRPORT...

We got to the airport and Chase and Charli waited in the car and I walked into the airport with Mark.

"So, I'll see you in two weeks." Mark said with a smile.

"See you then. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said and he hugged and kissed me and then he went to board the plane and I left the airport and went and got into the car.

"I take it you already miss him." Charli said.

"Yeah. But he'll be back before I know it." I said.

FOUR DAYS LATER...

I was sitting in my room, doing homework and then I heard someone knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled and Blake came in. "Okay, get out!"

"Listen, I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? You serious right now?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"Blake, you had so much time to apologize. Though, you choose now when my boyfriend isn't around? Nice try." I said.

"I know. Really bad timing but I really am sorry. You don't have to accept and you can continue to hate me. That's fine. I'll leave you alone." Blake said and left my room.

Good for him, he's sorry. Doesn't change anything.

THAT NIGHT...

I was laying in bed, watching Netflix when I heard my phone ring and I saw Mark FaceTiming me.

"Hey, cutie." He said when I answered.

"Hiii!" I said.

"So, whatcha up to?"

"Watching Netflix." I said.

"I wish I could be there." Mark said with a smile.

"Whoa there." I said and we both laughed.

"I honestly forgot about the time difference." Mark said.

"Yeah, me too." I said.

We talked and talked until I ended falling asleep.

THREE DAYS LATER...

Ninth period was ending, thank god. And the teacher was pairing up students for a project and I got paired with Blake...

"Look, you better not make me do all the work for this project." I told Blake when him and I walked out of class together.

"I won't. Listen, let's just try to make the best of this." Blake said.

"Make the best of doing a project you're probably gonna make me do all by myself? Yeah, no." I said.

"Hey, Alyssa!" I heard and saw Maximo and walked over to him and Luca.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Hey, I'll take Blake if you wanna switch partners." Luca said.

"Yes! Please. I'll gladly work with Max." I said.

"Great."

"Hey! Blake, over here!" Luca yelled and Blake came over and he told him the plan and we told our teacher and then I walked away with Maximo.

"So, my house or yours?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." Maximo said.

"Let's walk from here back to the hype house." I said.

"Fine with me." He said.

LATER THAT EVENING...

Maximo and I were working on the project and then,

"Knock knock." Chase said, standing in the doorway and knocked on my door.

"Hey, Chase. Um, we're kinda busy." I said.

"I know. Look, if you two wanna take a break and come eat pizza, you're more than welcome." Chase said and smiled nicely and walked away.

"I'm hungry." Maximo said.

"Me too." I said.

"Let's go!" Maximo said and we went downstairs and got pizza.

"Ooo, do we have a new ship?" Addison asked.

"Addison!" I said.

"Sorry. You two would be cute." She said.

"Don't you remember I'm dating someone?" I said.

"I know. I'm just messing with you." Addison said.

"Addison, she'd look better with me. Not Maximo." Blake said.

"Alyssa, Maximo, need an extra hand on the project?" Luca asked.

"Sure!" Maximo and I said.

"Man, if Mark was here right now, Blake wouldn't be alive." Addison said.

"Hey, I think we could take care of him for Mark." Maximo said and Luca agreed.

"Okay, I don't want any drama, please." I said.

"Okay, I agree." Blake said.

"Then shut your mouth." Luca said.

We ate pizza and then Maximo and I went back upstairs to work on our project.

"It's getting late. Wanna finish it tomorrow?" Maximo asked.

"Well, it's almost done. So, how about you go and I have no problem finishing it." I said.

"You sure?" Maximo asked.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

"Alright. Well, see you Monday then." Maximo said.

"See ya!" I said.

TWO WEEKS LATER...