•Chapter 39•

Alyssa'sPOV

I was sitting in my room, doing homework when I heard a knock.

"Come in!" I yelled and Chase walked in. "Get. Out."

"No! Can I please talk to you!?" He asked.

"About what!? Your plans to ruin my life even more!?" I asked.

"No! Not at all. I'm sorry for what I did. I truly do regret it." He said.

"I'm glad you do." I said.

"Why do you have to be so mad at me!? Can't you just accept the apology and move on?" He asked.

"I'm not mad at you! I'm hurt. Of all people that could hurt me, it was you. My own brother." I said.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's too late." I said.

"Alyssa, please. Just give me a chance!" He said.

"If it was that easy, I would. Just...leave me alone." I said and he sighed and did.

I got out my phone and decided to unblock Joshua's number and call him.

"Hello?" He asked when he answered.

"Hey...it's Alyssa." I said.

"Hey! How are you?" He asked.

"Not so great." I said and I decided to tell him everything.

LATER...

"Holy shit...Chase is an asshole. I'm sorry, Lyss." Joshua said.

"There's not much I can do now. I should've known Chase was behind it all but he made it seem like he didn't know what was going on." I said.

"If I could, I would say something to Chase but unfortunately I'm not there." He said.

"Yeah...I wish you were though." I said.

"Me too." He said.

We talked for a little longer and then we hung up.

I sighed and thought about everything and there's only one person I can talk to and that's Paige.

I decided to get out my phone and text her.

Text:

Me:
Hey Paige! I know it's getting late and we have school tomorrow but I was wondering if we could talk about something

Paige:
Of course! Anything. I can have my older brother come pick you up and we can have a sleepover.

Me:
Oh...really? I would love that!

Paige:
Perfect! I already have ur address bc of Chase obviously so I'll send my brother over

Me:
Awesome!

*End*

I packed a bag for the night and Paige's brother and picked me up.

"Hey, Alyssa! I'm Paige's brother, Zaiden."

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"You too." He said.

AT PAIGE'S...

"Hey! Thanks for the ride." I said.

"Anytime." He said with a smile and I got my backpack and went inside and her brother showed me where her room was.

"Hey!" I said, opening her bedroom door.

"Hey! Chase didn't mind you coming?" She asked.

"He has no clue." I said and we laughed.

I talked to her and told her how I felt about everything. She's seriously the first girl I've ever gotten along with in school that hasn't used me for clout.

"You know, Chase seriously should've thought this through. He just started an incredible friendship." Paige said.

"Yeah." I agreed. "You know, the reason why I don't wanna talk to Mark right now is because things between him and I are still so awkward."

"I get it. Hey, we should probably go to bed since we have school in the morning." She said.

"Yeah."

THE NEXT MORNING...