•Chapter 17•

Mark'sPOV

I got out of bed and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Gotta go!" I heard Alyssa whisper and she hung up her phone and opened the door. "Oh, hey! Sorry, you have to use the bathroom?" She asked.

"No. You set everything up? Just so you could get with me? Alyssa, I love you and all but you didn't have to plan anything with my best friend! So, the date and that kiss was all set up!?" I asked.

"No! None of it was set up." She said.

"Stop lying. I heard the phone call between you and Luca. This would've been so much better if you actually told me how you felt instead of you planning it. It makes me look at you differently." I said.

"You're really mad about it?" She asked.

"I'm not mad. Just disappointed. I really do love you but do you truly feel the same about me or is it all just a huge plot for social media or something?" I asked.

"No! It's none of that." She said.

"Whatever. I just can't trust you anymore. Just get out of my room please." I said and she did.

Why? Why did she do that? I wanna be with her but I want it to be real. Not a huge plot or whatever.

I got ready for the day and then headed downstairs. Alyssa was nowhere and that was fine with me.

"Morning Mark. Do you know if Alyssa's still asleep?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, pretty sure she is." I answered. I had to lie. Who knows what Chase would do if he found out.

"Okay." Chase said and left the room.

"You okay?" Addison asked me.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"I don't know. You just seem a little different today." She said.

"Maybe it's because my best friend decided to set shit up with Luca just so she could get with me. I'm in love with that girl but if she had to set stuff up to get with me, then I highly doubt she feels the same about me." I said.

"Wait! What do you mean she set shit up with Luca?" Charli asked.

"The kiss. The date. It was all part of her plan to be my girlfriend." I said.

"And you fell for it? How did you fall for it?" Kouvr asked.

"Her acting! She made it seem so real that she regretted the kiss and everything just so she could tell me she liked me." I said.

"I'm so confused." Dixie said.

"So am I." I said.

LATER...