•Chapter 28•

Alyssa'sPOV

"So, he was seriously not pissed about it!?" Joshua asked.

"Yeah! I was so shocked." I said.

"I am too!" Joshua said and his sister walked into the living room.

"Hey you two! I'm going to get food. Wanna come with?" Joshua's sister asked and Joshua looked at me.

"Sure! I'm hungry." I said and Joshua and I got up from the couch and left with his sister and we went to Chipotle.

LATER...

After we got food, we came back to Joshua's and we decided to go take a walk.

"So, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself." He said.

"Okay. Well, you already know my name, age and birthday so, I love making TikToks and watching Netflix and YouTube. School stresses me out. I love swimming and just having fun outdoors in general. I like basketball and I also have a passion for singing but I never sing in front of anyone." I said.

"Is that so? Sing something for me right now." Joshua said.

"What!? No!" I said.

"Come on. I'll buy you cookie." He said.

"Ice cream!" I said.

"Deal!" He said and I sighed and sang a song for him. "Damn! You have a beautiful voice." He said and I laughed nervously.

"Thanks." I said with a smile and I couldn't help but blush.

He told me a bit about himself and then we went back to his house and played video games for a bit.

LATER...

I left Joshua's and all I could think about is how different he was from what I thought of him. He's so sweet, caring and overall just great.

I got back to the Hype House and remembered I had borrow from notes from Mark.

I knocked on his door and he let me in and Paige was there.

"Uh, hey. Whatcha need?" Mark asked.

"The notes for the homework." I said.

"Oh! Yeah, I gotchu. My backpack is downstairs. I'll do get it." Mark said and did.

"It's funny how Mark left you for me." Paige said.

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me. I guess you don't have anything Mark wants or needs. You kinda suck. You're so quiet and only use your brother for clout. Listen, it's clear you still love Mark and want him but that's not gonna happen. I want you to stay away from him though. And if you don't, you'll suffer." Paige said and Mark came back into the room.

"Hey! Here's the notes." Mark said, handing them to me and I didn't say anything. Just left his room and went into mine.

I tried to do my homework but I couldn't focusing. What Paige said kept replaying in my head.

I ended up starting to cry and I threw my homework onto the floor and buried my head in my pillow.

How can I stay away from the person I'm in love with?..

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL...