•Chapter 45•

Mark'sPOV

After a minute, Alyssa and I pulled away and I thought I was in a dream.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that." Alyssa said.

"It's okay. I'm glad you did." I said.

"Listen Mark, I should've known about Zaiden considering Paige did warn me but I didn't believe her. But Zaiden's and my relationship is obviously over now. And you know, you're still the person I'm truly in love with." She said and I smiled.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Anything." She said.

"Can we try again?"

"Yes but give me time. I need to focus on myself and I mean that. And I promise, I don't plan on dating anyone right now." She said.

"That's fine. Take as much time as you need. I'll wait for you. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said with a smile and walked away.

Alyssa'sPOV

What just happened?

I walked back to the hype house and went into the kitchen to get a snack and Chase was there.

"Alyssa! Before you leave or ignore me. I really want to talk to you. Please." Chase said.

"Well, I have nothing better to do so talk." I said.

"I am so sorry! Truly, deeply, sorry. You don't have to accept it but maybe one day, you will." Chase said and started to walk out of the kitchen.

"Chase, wait." I said and he did.

"What?" He asked.

"All I want from you is to be the person I can always go to and talk to about anything that's bothering me instead of having you go off on me for saying something." I said.

"I know. I'm trying to be that person and if I'm being honest, I just want you to be happy. Even if that's you being with Mark. There's actually a reason why I did all that." Chase said.

"And that reason is..?" I asked.

"When you first came here to the hype house and you started becoming so close with everyone, I got jealous because I wanted to spend time with you and catch up on stuff because we barely talked. But at that time, I didn't show it. And then when Mark came into the picture, I got even more jealous. I was never exactly over protective of you. I was just jealous that all my friends was taking time that I wanted to spend catching up on my little sister's life because I missed talking to you and knowing what you were up too and knowing if you were happy or not. Like, how we always did when we were kids and how we always told each other how school was or just anything." Chase said.

"And you couldn't have just said that or sat down and told me? Instead of having to ruin my relationship. Chase, it's clear that social media and tiktok has changed you and it's not for the better." I said.

"You're not wrong. I'm sorry. Look, I should've just told you so I could've avoided the whole thing. But you know what? I'm stupid and I didn't and there's nothing more I can say than I'm sorry." Chase said.

"I forgive you.." I said.