~Eggs Benedict

Makes for 8 servings

Ingredients:

English Muffins

2 1/2 cups of flour

1/4 teaspoon of yeast

1/4 teaspoon of salt

2/3 cup of lukewarm milk

1/2 cup of lukewarm water

1 tablespoon of melted butter

Poached Eggs:

2 eggs

1 pinch of salt and pepper

Cheese (Optional)

Bacon (Optional)

Hollandaise (Optional)

Preparation:

1. In a small bowl, add the milk, water, butter, and yeast. Give the yeast five minutes or so to activate.

2. Fold the wet mixture in a bigger bowl with the flour and salt. Keep mixing until it forms the dough and comes to together

3. Flour your surface and knead the dough for about 7 minutes till it has come together for the gluten to activate

4. Grease a bowl, place the dough in it, and cover it will cling foil. Let it rest and rise in room temperature for 12 hours. (Overnight would be pretty ideal.)

5. Once it has rested and doubled in size, roll out the dough till it is about 2 cm in thickness. Use a three-inch round cookie cutter to cut out the dough. Let the dough rest again for 45 minutes.

6. Heat a frying pan with a little bit of oil in them to medium to medium-low heat. Place the dough in the fan and cover with a lid and let it cook for 6 minutes. Flip the pieces of bread over and let it fry on the other side for 3 minutes.

7. For the eggs, bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce the heat till it becomes a hard simmer.

8. Stir the water to create a whirlpool. Once the water slows down a little, crack the egg and place it in the middle of the whirlpool. Let the egg swirl around and cook till the white is no longer translucent.

9. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and repeat the process with however many eggs left you wish.