「 𝟏 」

Taehyung stretched out his cramped left leg, placing it on the red Gucci loveseat in front of him, his face contorting in annoyance. He'd just finished a surgery and left for home, had a warm bath and now his foot ached from standing for six hours straight.

Four hundred and twenty six thousand wasn't much, to him. It was simply a chore having to stand and perform an open heart surgery when he was called in for work. At three in the morning.

Clad in a black Gucci robe, he lay back on the plush sofa, sinking into the soft chinchilla material it was made of, his left leg resting on the seat and his toes rubbing the black and white carpet made of vicuna. His eyes aimlessly wandered over the high ceilings, the black and white themed living room designed by a famous architect, with floor to ceiling glass windows imported from Germany. It was so transparent that it seemed invisible, but he wasn't silly enough to walk into it. The white marble floor was always cold, just like how his mood went all year long. The pitter-patter of the rain outside simply created a huge headache for him, as if someone was playing tennis in his skull, drumming the ball painfully over and over again. Six hours of squinting didn't help either.

To add to that, he was also a part-time neurosurgeon. When all the surgeons were called in, and there were still patients waiting for surgery, he was the one who would be called in. But mostly he tended to the heart. It made his hands so stable that he could just lie down and stitch up a 0.4mm artery perfectly.

His hand feeling for the remote, he pressed a button and the grey curtains began to close automatically, smothering the noise a little.

Just then, his phone rang.

"National Hospital of Seoul calling." The voice on his phone called, and he swiped to receive the call.

"Doctor Kim, could you-"

"I've just spent six damned hours on an open heart surgery, can't you just let me bloody rest?" He growled, the pain in his calf and thighs not helping.

"I- I'm so sorry, Doctor Kim, I'll call Doctor Park instead-"

"What? Who?" Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed at that disgusting name.

"Doctor... Park Jimin?" The already trembling voice squeaked.

"What's the patient's condition?" He snapped, furrowing his handsome eyebrows, running a hand through his light-orangey but mostly golden hair.

"He was found stabbed at his house at around 4am, the wounds are near his heart and blood levels are low." Flipping of pages could be heard.

"I'll be coming in five minutes. What's your name?" He suddenly questioned, leaving the other in utter shock.

"T-Taehyun, sir."

"Have you been working for long?" Taehyung was brushing invisible creases off his immaculate pants.

"Yes sir, I was called in for a double shift because of-"

"You haven't slept, have you?"

"N-No sir."

Idiot, Taehyung mumbled under his breath.

"Take your day off. Call someone in. You can't possibly do your work properly without a wink of sleep." Sharply ending the call, he snatched his coat that was spread out on the couch and stood up, wincing at the pain. He didn't want Park Jimin making the money he was perfectly capable of making, just because of a stupid leg cramp.

Striding over to the huge wooden door, he grabbed the huge handle and stepped out of the house into the porch, where his seven cars were waiting in line. He decided to take the white Porsche, because it would be faster. Slamming the door shut, he reversed out of the house and was on his way.