「 𝟏𝟐 」

Jungkook pressed his ear against the door to listen for any more dialogue, then stopped recording. He skipped out of Seokjin's office hurriedly, nodding as the older mouthed 'send the audio to me', smiling as he ran off as if nothing had happened.

Excitement washing over him, he texted Seokjin to call him if there was any surgery, and hurried to the second floor where Hoseok's office was located.

Without knocking, he pushed open the door, only to find Hoseok sitting on a man's lap, deep in conversation. The male was dressed in a black suit, and his pale complexion contrasted with his dark locks that neatly covered his forehead. His eyes were cat-like, which Jungkook found interesting.

"Oh man holy s- sorry." Jungkook's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"It's okay darling, come in." Hoseok laughed, getting off the other's lap. "I was just talking to Yoonie. He's a neurosurgeon by the way," he went on, grabbing Jungkook's shirt as he tried to yeet himself out of the room unsuccessfully.

"Hello. I'm Min Yoongi, and he's my little sunshine." Yoongi gave an endearing gummy smile, and patted Hoseok's orange hair.

Hoseok's face grew red and he swatted Yoongi's hand. "No PDA, Jungkook is a client." He hissed, but Yoongi just laughed and pecked him on the cheek before bidding him goodbye.

"Aish, that man." Hoseok sighed, gesturing for Jungkook to sit.

"There is progress!" Jungkook yelped excitedly, then proceeded to play the video of Taehyung carrying Jimin into the room and his speech after that.

Hoseok's grin grew as wide as it could be. "That's amazing! You should become a psychiatrist instead," he chortled, giving Jungkook a thumbs up.

"What should I do next then?"

"Let them be together as long as possible, try to get them to talk. Talking it out is good for lifting heavy matters off the heart." Hoseok advised, Jungkook's little head nodding at whatever the elder said.

"How's your relationship with Mr Min?" Jungkook happily questioned, making Hoseok break out in a smile.

"We've been dating for two years already." He proudly stated, his cheeks turning pink.

"How did you two meet?"

"He fell asleep in the cafeteria and I woke him up because I was sitting on the table adjacent to him. His phone was ringing. And it turned out to be an important case, so the next day he came to find and thank me."

"Aww, you two should get married."

"Cheeky boy." Hoseok playfully slapped Jungkook's arm, but regretted because his biceps were huge and it hurt.

"I really like seeing people happy." Jungkook admitted, "That's why I want to resolve the dispute between Mr Kim and Mr Park."

"Is that so? How rare," Hoseok mused, scratching his orange locks. "Only people with pure, good hearts can change people in a good way."

Jungkook bashfully blushed, his bunny smile revealing a little of his teeth.

- // -

Taehyung stayed by Jimin's side for three hours before Jimin arose from his slumber. He didn't touch his phone, he didn't pace around. He sat on that very spot, observing the older as his chest rose and fell rhythmically. Jimin's pink lips were parted ever so slightly, with each soft inhale and exhale he took. His tiny hands clenched around the blankets, which Taehyung realised were much smaller and chubbier than his own. His cheeks looked so soft, like a drooping Japanese mochi, a rosy blush forever making it look soft and adorable.

He didn't feel like disappointing anyone anymore. Not his boss. Especially not Jungkook.

All his life was a disappointment, and he was tired of it.

When Jimin's eyes finally slid open, Taehyung quickly stood up, brushing the creases of his shirt away.

"I just came in to check on you."

"Really?" Even though he was asleep, he could feel that the weight at the end of the bed was never lifted.

"Drink some water." Taehyung passed a cup of water to Jimin, which the latter downed gratefully. Taehyung inched forward, placing his hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

"You're okay now. But just in case." The man picked up the thermometer, and Jimin obediently let Taehyung measure his temperature once more.

Before Taehyung exited the room, Jimin asked a question that halted Taehyung in his tracks.

"Taehyung, wait..."

He turned around, letting out a soft 'hmm?'.

"Can we forget the hate we had between us?"

- // -

"Run that by me again."

"Forget. Our hate." Jimin repeated.

"Why? Suddenly?"

"You said it has to stop. Someday. That day could be today, can't it?"

"It's weird." Taehyung shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.

"So you just want to let this between us fester again? All over again? Is it worth it?" The opportunity was taken. Jimin's eyes glowed with unspoken tears. He screamed at himself to stop being to pathetically sensitive, but what he said couldn't be taken back.

"I... I need time." Taehyung closed the door behind him.