「 𝟐𝟑 」

Taehyung got back home safely, the alcohol strangely not taking effect yet. But once he reached home, he was met with a pounding headache, stumbling all over the house.

"God," he breathed, sweat slipping down his brow, his face and neck flushed already. Swaying, he found his way to his bedroom and crashed just like an autopilot, headfirst into the downy pillow.

(A/N: haH you thought 😏 but what did you think he would do otherwise when he is drunk?)

- // -

Jimin lay back on his sofa, watching the view in front of the floor to ceiling window. It seemed so surreal, he didn't want to touch it or break out of it.
Just like a painting, the night sky was a palette of mauve, indigo and pitch black, sprinkled with a few white spots here and there, along with a crescent moon shining pale yellow hanging in the middle. And nothing was moving, the clouds were still by the side, the moon's glow never changing, the colours at a standstill.

He wished his life was perfect that way.

But it wasn't.

If it was, he wouldn't be here anyway.

What so bad about Jinwoo? He's such a charismatic guy... maybe handsome too, of course I would be happy to take him in.

Jungkook's just overly sensitive. Don't worry, he'll get over it.

Taehyung...

Jimin's eyes shifted to the window again, looking out into the dark streets of Seoul, skyscrapers jutting out occasionally. His house was somewhere there, wasn't it? The male slowly tucked his knees under the oversized shirt, thinking, heaving a sigh.

What is he doing now?

What did he mean?

"After all, everything's just a job! Saving someone's life is my job! Earning money is my job! Pretending that I'm not hurt because of the way someone else is acting is also my motherducking job!"

Pretending I'm not hurt...

What does Taehyung want, really?

- // -

"So, Mr Park? Do you want to have lunch while no patients are being called in?"

Jimin nodded, smiling at his thoughtful junior.

After offering to buy food, Jinwoo told Jimin to sit down while he ordered. The elder's eyes wandered, but spotted Taehyung, his head low, Jungkook behind him whispering something.

They came and naturally sat on the only seat left available beside Jimin's table, but his presence was ignored.

"Bloody hell," Taehyung was whispering, "it's all my goddamn fault." His eyes were bloodshot as if he hadn't slept in days.

"Mr Kim, calm down. It's okay-"

"It's not okay, Jungcook. I. Ducking. Missed. An. Artery." The elder looked up, tears already staining his cheeks, as he cradled his head in his hands.

Jungkook just stayed silent, rubbing his back.

"I screwed up." Taehyung buried his face in his hands, "That woman lost her life."

"Mr Kim..."

"Because of me. The supposedly number one surgeon in this hospital." The other spat, self-disgust consuming his features.

Jimin awkwardly swallowed his saliva, checking if Jinwoo was back.

The new junior came back with a tray of food, and pleasantly set it down in front of Jimin. "Mr Park, here's your food." He drawled, smiling a saccharine smile that Jimin now found uneasy to look at.